Las Vegas "itinerary"

Search

Las Vegas "itinerary"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2004, 03:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Las Vegas "itinerary"

My family (two kids, ages 8 and 10) and I leave tomorrow for LV/GC/Bryce/Zion. We are staying at the Flamingo for two nights but really only have one full day in Vegas. We are not gamblers. We are using this day to regroup after travelling and before the long drive to GC. Would like to see some of the Vegas sites but realize everything is far apart so could use help testing whether my thoughts are on target.

Planning to spend the morning at the Flamingo pool until it gets too hot. Hoping to get two chairs by going early. Then grab a quick lunch, shower, change and go out exploring. Want to see Paris and go to the top of the Eiffel Tower and see the Bellagio fountains. Thought we could have dinner in Paris. Should we try to see any other spots? Son loves roller coasters. Could we squeeze NY, NY in? I expect we will want to be back at our room by 8:30 p.m. given our late arrival the night before and my desire to make it to Hoover Dam the next day by 9 a.m.
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 04:04 AM

I think you'd have time to fit NYNY in if you didn't stop at every place along the way until you get there. The arcade there is great.

Your kids would love M&M World. That would be on your way down to NYNY, as its across the street from it.
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 05:51 AM

Depending on which day you are in Vegas, the fountain schedule changes. Starts at Noon on weekends and 3PM during the week. Shows are more frequent after 7PM. Naturally subject to change and they do cancel it in high winds.

I recommend doing the Eiffel tower at sunset or later if possible. Everything looks very white during full sun parts of the day.

You can certainly do NYNY and I think it is worth it. I love the coaster there. It is a pretty good walk in the heat of the day but can certainly be done. NYNY also has a ESPN Zone that is a potential lunch place if your AM plans change.

There is an afternoon magic show at Harrahs that gets really good reviews and 2 for 1's are plentiful...Mac something or another.

I agree with M&M World. Really unique M&M stuff and candies. Bring your wallet!
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 06:01 AM

Mac King is the show at Harrahs.

Your plans sound reasonable, NYNY should not be a problem.
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 06:27 AM

Loki...Thank you, I had a temporary brain cramp on the last name.
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 07:10 AM

I'd skip the Eiffel Tower. Not very tall, better views elsewhere, and it is not cheap.
With kids aged 8 & 10, I would consider any of these:
DAY ACTIVITIES
Roller Coaster & Nathan's NYNY
Shark Reef at Mandalay is wonderful
Brunch buffet at Paris
Siegfried & Roy zoo & dolphins at Mirage
Fountains at Bellagio
Moving statues in the mall at Caesars
NIGHT
Merlin show outside Excalibur
Volcano in front of Mirage
Fountains at Bellagio
Roller Coaster runs at night too

Get a map of the strip, and just go down the line. The monorail will help you cover more territory then you thought you could.
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 03:07 PM

You're staying at the pool till it gets hot, and then go exploring... why don't you take a nap during the hot hours, and go exploring later? The fountains and the volcano look better at night, and the strip is a 24 hr thing. Life starts at 8.30 in Vegas
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the great help. I agree on the nap thing....but I have a 10 year old who just won't sleep during the day. We'll try but, if not, at least I have good ideas.