Las Vegas Hotels with Children

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel centrally located on the strip to stay in with my family. I prefer a themed hotel(only in Vegas!) It will be December so the pool is not important. I need a hotel where children stay free with parents. Some charge an additional $30/child. I am considering Paris Hotel. Any feedback is appreciated.
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 12:53 PM

What's your budget?
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Paris is $129 for Dec. 26 and 27.Can go up to $150.
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 09:44 PM

Hi! Here are my thoughts on Vegas hotels with kids. Most offer discounts on their websites--sign on to get notices via e-mail. I am not sure about the extra charges for each:

Mirage--top choice. Live animals on grounds ("Secret Garden" is tiger/lion area very nicely done--animals look comfortable and have room and dolphin tank where you can throw balls to the dophins, etc), tropical jungle-looking decor throughout, huge volcano outside hotel that erupts often, plenty of other kids. Pool includes a slide--don't know if it is heated in winter? Walking distance to Venetian and Aladdin. I don't remember an extra fee.

Paris--fun decor--large eiffel tower, French cafes, etc--probably not as exciting as full tropical theme for younger kids....pool is really small, but maybe doesn't matter in winter...

Aladdin--well-done Disneyesque theme--really transforms hotel in shop area, good restaurant choices for kids, ice cream places ,etc. A few gimmicks to see, some live "street" performers dressed in theme. Solid choice with kids, I think. But no animals. Walking distance to Mirage and Venetian (gondola rides).

Mandalay Bay--Farther up (down?) strip, so a little more removed from other hotels if you want to sightsee. But nicely decorated aquarium (with self-guided audio tour) kids will likely enjoy. Felt a little more "adult" than others. Just my opinion. But aquarium is worth a trip (if you don't mind the price tag to get in).

Luxor--I think it's over-the-top silly, but young kids might get a kick out of the Egyptian decor, large statues, pyramid, etc. Buffet downstairs looks a little like something out of an archaelogical dig--kids liked the atmosphere. Located away from what I would consider more desirable (near Mirage) part of strip. Nice place to visit....but I probably would prefer to stay someplace else...

Have fun!

Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 05:21 AM

Well, Paris really is 3 star (http://www.mobiltravelguide.com/cons...s&bodytid=1031) If you want better acoomodations and a theme, I'd stay at Bellagio, Caesars or THE Hotel, but I'm not sure if any of those will allow kids to stay free and THE Hotel is not in the center of the strip.
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replys. I checked Mirage, Aladdin, Mandalay Bay,Caesers & Ballgio. They all charge extra for children and are over $200 (Mandalay Bay @$189)I guess it will be Paris. We will be visiting the other hotels, except Ballagio which I understand does not let children in unless they are staying there.
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 10:22 AM

We've stayed at Bellagio and Paris with our sons (17 and 14). We booked two rooms so don't know about extra fees, but the kids enjoyed both hotels. You might consider MGM. I think they have some bigger rooms that might fit your needs. My kids liked the arcade at MGM. It has great restaurants and it is near NYNY (for the rollercoaster) and Gameworks.
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 02:50 PM

JanisL
We stayed at MGM with our two daughters. Children 12 and under stay free in parent's room there. While the theme there isn't as pervasive as in other hotels, it is quite nice and certainly the price was right. We got a bungalow queen through an internet offer for 89.00 per night with dinner credit and other two for one offers. The room was huge with 2Q, a living room area, 2 TV's, large bathroom with 2 sinks, shower and seperate tub with shower.

Nice arcade there, the lion habitat and Rainforest Cafe make it family friendly. Its across the street from NYNY which has a terrific arcade, and a short walk from M&M World, which was a MUST SEE for our kids.

Our girls loved the look of the Paris inside, but we didn't explore the entire hotel. Not sure if it has arcade and other kid friendly areas or not.

Its location is nice and it does connect to Bally's for some inside foot travel.

A friend of mine stayed at the Paris while we were there on business and while I didn't see her room, she actually said that my room at Bally's was a lot larger and nicer than hers at the Paris.