Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Hotel Rates - Feb. (President's Week)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 09:09 AM
Eric

My wife and I are traveling to Las Vegas arriving on Feb. 16 and leaving Feb. 20 (Sun - Thur). It appears as though all the hotels have substantially higher rates that week because of the holiday. I have checked all of the on-line discount hotel sites (that I know of) and there is very little for under $100/nt, even for a mid-week stay. We have never been to Vegas before, but from reading all of the comments here of people that have, it appears as though the best values for that week that I have seen are Treasure Island ($119) and Harrah's ($89). The other hotels that we were looking at were Paris, NY and Luxor.

My question is: Should I book now for fear of hotels filling up or is there any chance the rates will drop as we get closer to Feb.? Even inquiring directly through the hotel, there do not appear to be any deals to be had for that week.

Has anyone stayed in Vegas during Presidents Week in the past and did you see the same generally higher rates?

Thank you.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Wendy

$89 is a great rate for Harrah's. Why don't you book it and if you find something better you can always cancel.

Wendy

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 10:00 AM
vegaslocal

Eric,

You are not likely to see rates drop between now and then, but it's possible. Attendance at major conventions and events, like Comdex and the National Finals Rodeo have been lower than normal this year. If the hotels do not see rooms filling up by mid-January, they will lower rates.

I agree with the poster who suggested you go ahead and book a room, as long as you can cancel without a penalty. Then sit back and see if prices drop.

$89 really is a good rate for that week at Harrahs, although if you are looking for a little more "class", spending the additional $30 to stay at Treasure Island might be worth it to you. Both are similarly located in the same area of the strip.

Have a great time here in Las Vegas!

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 12:14 PM
topper

ttt

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 10:05 AM
Eric

Thanks for the input. I reserved a room at Harrah's and will watch rates closely between now and Feb.