Las Vegas celebrity sightings?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At which hotels in Las Vegas are you most likely to see celebrities? Has anyone had any celebrity sightings while visiting LV?

Donna
Old Aug 12th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 10:12 AM

At the airport, we saw David Spade. He looked like a skinny 17 year old, and was dressed down, I'm sure so as not to be noticed. I think very few recognized him.
Sorry, have never seen any celebs at the hotels though.
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 10:22 AM

I suppose you could try the Palms Resort-- they push the place as THE cool, glam, posh resort in Vegas, and its clubs are pretty happening, so you occasionally hear a famous name seen a there (like the ubiquitous Paris Hilton, whose very fame relies on Showing Up). I find the place a bit desperate (if it's working hard to be cool, it ain't), but that's me.

I recall seeing Hal Linden ("Barney Miller") at Mandalay Bay-- he was playing Billy Flynn in their production of "Chicago". But that's it for celebrity sightings for me. A high-profile fight might bring in names as well, so check the schedule.
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

Interesting ideas. I'm sure the celebs stay in the best rooms and gamble in the high-roller clubs. I just thought maybe one might be seen in the restaurants, shops, or on the elevator. Probably in the front-row seats at the shows, too.
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 12:24 PM

The Palms is pretty good. We've seen both A and B list stars there. Plus, the Maloofs own both the Palms and the Lakers, so there's sometimes really tall guys hanging around. The biggest sighting we've had there was Britney Spears.
The Hard Rock is another fav. spot, but I hardly ever go there, so I can't give any personal experiences.
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 12:57 PM

Actually the Maloofs own the Sacramento Kings, not the Lakers.
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 01:09 PM

In no particular order: Palms, Rio,voodoo lounge, any upscale restaurant, Hard Rock and the Airport if your lucky. I was in town while they were filming Oceans 11 and the Belagio was full of cast members-none of which you could get close too. I have never seen a celeb befor 5:00....stay out late and hit the "Hip" spots.
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 01:55 PM

MrPep-
Thanks for the correction! Can you tell I'm not a basketball fan? One time, we went to eat at the Palms and I ended up in the middle of a basketball player's security people. Needless to say, I wasn't there long- they made short work of me!

After thinking about it, the Venetian has been a good spot, too. We've spied a few famous faces in the expensive shops. They're hard to find while shopping, though. If it's a big enough star, they'll close the shop for a private spree. Wouldn't that be great?
Old Aug 16th, 2004, 08:44 PM

I was in the art gallery at the Bellagio admiring a painting. A tall thin guy came up next to me. I looked over and it was Ronnie Dunn from Brooks and Dunn. Boy is he skinny!
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 02:08 AM

I saw 2 Elvis' in the elevator at Flamingo at 8 AM - does that count?
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 05:17 AM

David Spade "dressed down" from normal? I'm trying to picture how that is possible, he always looks like such a total slob.
Steven Spielberg was eating lunch next to us at Postrio in the Venetian last week. Of course, I had to ask the waiter who everyone was staring at, as his back was to me.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 05:26 AM

I saw Charlie Sheen coming out of the Paris a couple of years ago in the middle of the afternoon. No big commotions, people were respecting his space. Or possibly ignoring or not noticing.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 08:13 AM

yep, I guess David Spade usually does look pretty scruffy! What struck me most is how thin he was, and how young he looked, at least from a short distance...
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 08:17 AM

Saw Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf at the Forum Shops in Ceasars...
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 08:47 AM

We saw Robin Williams at the Armani store inside the Bellagio.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 09:25 AM
E

We were in Vegas for the Rush concert last month and spotted Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson strolling through the Forum Shops--too cool! We were too stunned to approach them, and let's face it, they're not household names, so they went unmolested.
Wouldn't you just HATE being stared at by all and sundry while you eat your lunch?? I really have sympathy for the crap celebrities put up with...they can afford to go anywhere and everywhere, but I could see just giving up and staying home.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 11:40 AM

E - your self restraint is incredible, especially considering you were in Vegas to see Rush (so you are obviously a fan), how did you possibly keep from asking for an autograph? It woulda drove me nuts. BTW was the concert good? I saw them in Edmonton last year.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 11:56 AM
E

Yeah, concert was great--I mean, they rock, they just do! Acoustics at the MGM are pretty poor, though--it's a cinderblock arena, if you can believe that. Still, we had great seats, and no real complaints. Packed house, and the crowd was seriously into it.

As for the autograph thing, we regretted later not even saying "hi" to them, but really, we were just too surprised to act fast, and it was too crowded to go chasing after them once they passed by. It was cool to know they pass the time window-shopping, just like everyone else! (Neil must've been still on his way, on his bike...)

How were they in Edmonton? Have you seen them often?
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 12:05 PM

They were great! Our coliseum here has great acoustics so it sounded terrific. It was unfortunately my first time seeing them as they don't come to western Canada very often. They concentrate their tours in the east and in the U.S.

I'm always so glad to hear of people in the U.S. enjoying them as much as we Canucks do. Their professionalism is amazing, on par with Pink Floyd's level of professionalism.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -