Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas. Aria? Wynn? Bellagio? 4seasons?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2023, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We haven’t been in 20 years. Going for 30 year wedding anniversary. Not really into gambling. Just looking forward to the spectacle of it all. A nice pool. Walking thru the resorts. Maybe a show. Some nice dinners. Just seeing the sights but want to enjoy some sanity in a nice room. $3-500 is fine. 3 or 4 nights. Late May.

All non smoking options are nice but not a deal breaker.

please elaborate if you want on great dinners or shows. Thx so much.

Last edited by mmmooommm; Apr 17th, 2023 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Why can’t u tag state on iPhone posting
Old Apr 17th, 2023, 05:52 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Any of those four are top notch. By 'late May' do you mean Memorial Day weekend? If so - you might not get any of those within your budget -- I know the Four Seasons is running $650-$750 for that Thurs-Mon for regular rooms (not suites).
Old Apr 18th, 2023, 01:20 PM

I stayed in a renovated room in the main tower of the Bellagio last year. While the room itself was nice enough, I found that the AC didn't cool sufficiently for me and the room felt quite stuffy. I later read similar comments about AC issues online. I don't know if the spa tower is any better in this regard. I haven't experienced AC issues at other Strip properties. One other thing I didn't like about the Bellagio is how crowded the public areas are due to it being such a popular attraction so for me the Bellagio is a one and done. These are issues that may or may not be important to you. The location is excellent.

I haven't stayed at the other properties on your list but like the mid-Strip location of Aria. I've stayed next door at Nomad which is a boutique hotel occupying the top 4 floors of the Park MGM which is all non-smoking. I like the higher service standard that a smaller property provides and they have their own pool area in season. It feels like a mini oasis on the Strip. One downside is that their base room is on the smaller side.

Other properties I've had more recent experience with are Delano and Palazzo. I would return to either but prefer staying mid-Strip. Like the Four Seasons, Delano is located at Mandalay Bay but is its own separate property. The base rooms at Delano are one bedroom suites with one and a half baths. The Delano also has its own pool area in season with guests able to access the Mandalay Bay pools. I believe Four Seasons is the same but their pool area should be quieter than Delano due to the smaller size of the property. I also liked the Palazzo despite its larger size (the Palazzo side feels calmer than the Venetian side) and found their base rooms quite nice. They aren't true suites but are a good size with a sunken living area.

I saw Mad Apple in December and thought it was a fun show. It's Cirque du Soleil but more of a variety show with a comedian MC and other acts interspersed with acrobatics as opposed to a traditional Cirque du Soleil show. There are too many restaurants to start suggesting without knowing your cuisine/budget preferences but I will mention Mayfair Supper Club at the Bellagio which is sort of dinner and a show all in one with cabaret style entertainment but make you get a table with a good view of the stage. I think Delilah at Wynn is similar in concept but haven't been to that one.
Old Apr 20th, 2023, 09:51 AM

We really enjoyed the Cirque du Soleil Beatles LOVE show. As I wrote in another post, we saw that the cheapest seat areas were actually closed off and people who had purchased those seats were upgraded to better locations.