Las Vegas 1 Night with Kids

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2003, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be speinding 1 night in Las Vegas with kids ( 7 & 9)in August. Looking for recommendations on hotel - location and pool are most improtant. Any recommendations? What is the best way to get a good price?
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 12:01 PM

There are tons of posts here about where to stay in Las Vegas, mine included. We are going in July with 2 kids (10&12).

The short story is after much indecision and with advice from people here, I decided on the Flamingo. My decision was based on good location, reasonable price, reportedly good pools (w/ waterfalls, slides), flamingoes & penguins, plus the ability to check in at the airport.

Best price I got was from reserving directly on their website, www.flamingolv.com. The rate we got was $95 for Sat. and $55 for Sun.
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 02:44 PM

Message: Hotdogz do you think Mirage is a good hotel to stay for 4 nights with wife 2 children 8 and 13 year old plus my older daughters 23 and 25 or would you suggest another ??
thanks !
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 04:40 PM

When I said "mine included", I meant I too was asking where to stay with children. I have never been to Las Vegas. Do a search on this forum - I have seen many posts about LV hotels, Mirage included (incl. discussions about the pool reopening after renovations).

Since we're all asking the same basic question, I was offering humboldt what I decided on (Flamingo) and why.
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 10:46 PM

Have been to las vegas alot. This time i'm taking the kids (17 & 13), in june. I picked the Mirage for location and the pool the first 4 nights. Then were off to sedona & grand canyon hotels, then back to las vegas. Coming back I chose Manadlay Bay because of the pool and I plan to use it all day. The tube rentals are 20.00 a day. But I plan to find a wal-mart when i get there for a cheap cooler,snacks,soda, bottled water and floats. I will give them to a family when we leave. Hopefully it will gets passed on and on and on.
p.s. the madalay bay offered me a special see if you can get it. Called the tropical escape rate. at $109.00.
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 08:07 AM

Another great place for kids is the monte carlo-great lazy river and is a wonderful place--Flamingo is a nice place for kids--the older girl might rather stay at the monte carlo....The mirage.......it's ok...........ever since Steve Wynn sold it i hear it's not as great...the owner wants his money he is not into pleasing the customers......we had broken a/c....they didn't want to do anything to comp that problem......i will never stay there again...........go see the fountains at Bellagio, the ship at Treasure island , the penguins and flamingos and the Flamingo and the Volcano at the Mirage..........all free.
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 08:51 AM

We spent 6 nights @ MGM (Grand Tower)3 years ago in June. Our 7 year old son loved the lazy river & pool area. We are not big gamblers but the MGM was perfect for our needs. Some talk about the size, it's huge, but it is also manageble.
We rented a car & spent our days touring the area and on our off time enjoyed the pool, arcade, numerous restaurants the view from our 20th floor room.