Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Lake Tahoe - Cafe Fiore or Evan's equivalent in Incline Village area?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[I posted this previously two days ago but noticed that the original can't be found when searching for 'Lake Tahoe'. So... I'm posting again with an updated title (and including the two kind responses to the original) in the hopes that it will get a wider audience. Thanks!]

I've read through much of the talk here about dining in Lake Tahoe and there seem to be two places that stand out for the type of meal I'm looking for: Cafe Fiore and Evan's. The problem is I'm going to be in the Incline Village area on the Saturday night in question and driving all the way to the south shore seems counter productive.

So the question is: If you had to pick Incline Village area restaurants that are closest to Cafe Fiore or Evan's, what would they be? I'm not that worried about cost but I also don't want to pay for a great view with mediocre food.

Thanks in advance,

John R

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: MBnancy
Date: 08/06/2007, 05:05 pm
The Lone Eagle Grill has the menu and wine list you may be looking for, but you are paying for the view and ambiance as well. A table by the fireside in winter or a window table in summer is a plus.

We also like Soule Domain, very much, a short drive away, in Crystal Bay. Charming log cabin, nice menu. This may be what you are looking for.

Le Bristo is a small French restaurant, located in the strip mall across from the Hyatt, but it is wonderful.

We tried Blue Water Grille a few weeks ago, and had a well prepared meal, better than the norm in Incline.

http://www.souledomain.com/

Have fun choosing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: kimamom
Date: 08/06/2007, 05:16 pm
Too bad you can't try Evan's and Cafe Fiore, both are excellent. The Lone Eagle Grille is an outstanding setting, I had my birthday lunch here this past May. The food is not close to Evan's or Cafe Fiore, tho. I think a meal at either of these two places is worth the drive. ***kim***

Old Aug 7th, 2007, 06:23 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
here it is

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...1&tid=35045681

(the search function doesn't really work very well and especially to find specific threads. Instead -- click on your name)
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 06:25 PM

didn't mean to click post . . . .

The better way to handle this would be to top your original thread instead of starting a new one -- which probably won't be found by searching either
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 07:39 AM

We had dinner at Lone Eagle Grille in July and in my opinion it was even better than past dinners we have eaten there. It's not inexpensive but we had a great meal there -- and the ambience can't be beat.
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 08:34 AM
dmlove

Where is Lone Eagle Grille - we're in Lake Tahoe 3 or 4 times a year, and don't often eat out "nice", but we can change!

Old Aug 10th, 2007, 09:17 AM

It's at the Hyatt in Incline Village

http://laketahoe.hyatt.com/hyatt/hot...sp;jsessionid=
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 09:37 AM

I was in Tahoe a few weeks ago, and my favorite meal was at the Lone Eagle Grille at the Hyatt. Granted, we only went for lunch, but my spinach salad with grilled scallops was incredible. We had dinner at Cafe Fiore and while it was very good and the service was excellent, I don't think the quality justitied the price ($35ish entrees). We actually cancelled a reservation at Evan's because we decided to spend our final night watching the sunset at a beach bar, which is not an experience we could have at home. I plan to go on my next trip though. Based on a maybe not fair comparison of lunch at Lone Eagle and dinner at Cafe Fiore, I would steer you towards Lone Eagle. Let us know afterwards what you decided.
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 11:21 AM

Last month we had a couple lunches at the Lone Eagle Grill, out in the patio section, during our stay at the Hyatt. One time was for hamburgers and iced tea! You cannot compare luncheon food to the wonderful full course dining experience in the evening. (but I bet your spinach salad w/ scallops was really good)

The sommelier has been there for years and is very helpful, and the waiter and assistant waiters could not have been more friendly with suggestions for dinner that evening. All six of us had something different, and we traded bites. It was simply marvelous.

When we go in the summer, we request a window table in the "round" room to the side, so we can see the lake and the sunset. When we go in the winter, we ask to sit in front of the fireplace.
Old Aug 13th, 2007, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

So it sounds like Lone Eagle is the popular choice. To those who've been there, how much are the views as a percentage of the bill? Is it a 20% premium? 10%? I don't mind paying for atmosphere but am perhaps a bit less inclined to at Tahoe because I have the great good fortune to be staying at a beachfront family home where the views are incredible all the time. I know, I know... I count my blessings each time I walk in the door there.