Lake Ozark, MO (first time)?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, just curious. I am going to a wedding in July in Lake Ozark, MO and my boyfriend and I were thinking of extending the trip for a few days. I am from Mass. - what can I expect from Lake Ozark and what's there cool to do/good places to eat/fun places to go? Thanks!
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 11:19 AM

Mo in July is hot and Humid. lake of the Ozarks.... what can I say...

It is a beautiful area, lots of shore line and green scenery.

The lake is full of tourists in the summer. There is a strip that is bumper to bumper traffic with Go- cart places, mini gofl, bars etc...... Personally I would stay away from that area.
You can rent a boat at many resorts. There are lots of decent restaurants, maybe one or two really good ones.

One restaurant on the lake plays live jazz sometimes and had good food is called JB Hooks - www.jbhooks.com

If you like water sports you will be fine.
I may get slammed for this but I think there is a lot of honky-tonk in Lake of the Ozarks and I dont't find it a very relaxing atmosphere. But, the prople are very nice.
I have one or two conferences there a year and the resorts they put us in are very dated. But, there is a lot of new construction so maybe there are some new and updated hotels, etc..
There are some very nice golf courses here too!
Have fun!
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 05:42 AM

Where will you be staying and do you want to extend your stay at the same location or somewhere different? What kind of budget do you have? There are a lot of things to do but a little more info would help with suggestions. I agree with annesherrod...it will be hot and humid!