Lake or River Side in TN

Search

Lake or River Side in TN

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2008, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lake or River Side in TN

Are there any areas in TN where you might find a lake side or river side cabin rental? We would like something with modern amenities, not too rustic. We would like to do some kayaking or canoing. I have checked vrbo and similar sights, but I am not familiar enough with the state to know the city or area names to check on besides the obvious ones like Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 01:18 PM

Try Center Hill Lake, Fall Creek Falls or Kentucky Lake under Middle Tennessee. I'd never heard of Tim's Ford Lake, but it's on there too! Center Hill is east of Nashville, Fall Creek Falls is around Crossville, and Kentucky Lake is in the Land Between the Lakes area on the Kentucky border, northwest of Nashville. Fall Creek Falls is known more for hiking, so I'm not sure how much kayaking or canoeing they'll have, but then again I'm not that outdoorsy.
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 08:32 PM

Tim's Ford is a state park and is lovely but very popular depending on the season. They have lodges and nice cabins. Also, Paris Landing is on the Tennessee River and up and down the TN you can literally find dozens of places that either have camping or cabins or rentals. Try the classifieds in the back of Southern living, too. If you like to Kayak (and it looks like you do) you need to search for the Ocoee. That's where the olympic kayaking was in '96 and it's excellent. Off the top of my head, other beautiful spots are Townsend, Tellico Falls, Dale Hollow. You can go to tnvacation.com and that's the tourism site for TN. It has lots of hits for "lake" and "river."

Your possibilities are pretty much endless for lake/river fun in TN.
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 08:44 PM

Sorry, almost forgot Norris Lake. It's really pretty and not far from Knoxville so airport is close by. It's a real sweet little town and if you put "lake rental" in as search on website I noted above, some really nice rental houses come up. Reply if you aren't finding what you are looking for and I can try to zone in. I have lived in TN all but 5 of my 35 years and, like I said, lakes are everywhere. Heck, I even have family members with lake houses. You won't have trouble finding what you want.
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 05:46 AM

This is probably too late for the poster, but for anyone else reading this, Lake Tansi, on the Cumberland Plateau, is the largest lake in that area and has a number of cabin rentals available through their HOA. This includes a group of brand new, very modern cabins on the lake and near a beach. Tansi also has the top rated golf course in the area. Because of the elevation, it is not as hot and humid as other areas closer to Nashville or Knoxville, which is about an hour east on I-40. The web site is http://www.laketansipoa.com/