Reload this Page >

Lafayette, LA weekend

Search

Lafayette, LA weekend

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 04:04 PM
Big John

Lafayette, LA weekend

My wife and I usually visit Nawlin's to eat and drink several time a year. This time we are going into the swamps to tour the cajun village and Tabasco factory. We are short on time. Help me with some serious po-boy and beer joints for lunch and some nice resturants for drinks and seafood at night .
Thanks,
Big Boy John

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Ben

I don't know exactly where you'll be in the Lafayette area but for dinner try
Enola Prudhomme's Cajun Cafe - 4676 N.E. Evangeline Thruway, Carencro, LA 70520. It is open Tuesday-Saturday 11-10 and Sunday 11-2:30. On I-49, 7 miles north of I-10, 3 miles north of Evangeline Downs. Not real fancy but she is Paul Prudhomme's sister & a great cook too.

For po-boy's & beer if you are near Abbeville try Black's Oyster Bar 319 Pere Megret St Abbeville, LA 70510
Phone: (337)893-4266

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 09:49 AM
ELS

Try Prejean's Seafood Restaurant and Julien's OR Chris's Poboy Restaurants....Julien's has the best darned grilled shrimp poboy ever!! I'm from lafayette...so i know!

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 03:01 PM
Sara

Only 2 things I remember from Lafeyette on my cross-contry journey (Florida to Oregon) and one is Prejean's. It was very fun. We got sampler dishes and ate frogs legs and alligator and softshell crab, and crawdads. Needless to say we don't get any of those in Oregon!! They had a fun band playing cajun music which was very different to my ears too. Thouroughly enjoyed and am so excited to get to tell someone else about it. Highly recommend it - we had a great time.

By the way the other thing I remember is the cajun village that had been re-done and is a museum type thing now. Very well done and enjoyed that - just wish I could have understood the accents better!

Have a great time!

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 03:12 PM
big boy john

Trip report to Lafayette
Black's Oyster Bar (Abbeville) and Blue Dog Cafe in Lafayette had some serious kick axx good food. Oh yea, there is a little cafe seats about 8 people one block north of the bridge in Breaux Bridge that does a mean oyster basket. After eating in Nawlins about 4 times a year this was really a nice suprise in deep south LA.
Thanks for ya'lls help.
Big Boy