Search

LA with a baby

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LA with a baby

Hello

We are visiting LA and Vegas with our 10 month old baby. I know Vegas might seem controversial but we will have a night out each

Can anyone recommend things to do with a 10 month old please in LA? We will have a car so can travel around.

Is it possible to do the celebrity tours with a baby?

Thanks
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 02:34 PM

You need to google the tours to see if they allow infants - but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. And the baby will certainly be bored.
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 02:48 PM

In general, LA attractions allow children of all ages, and that includes babies, infants, and what have you. And many charge nothing for those under 3. Do as nytraveler suggests,and google the web sites of the places you want to go to and see what their policies are.

And here is where you might want to go.

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/family/...city-guide.htm
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 03:08 PM

I've never seen a bored 10 month old baby. Please explain. You really don't like children of any age do you? First you lambaste a poster for considering taking a 10 year old to a roof top lounge off hours, and now you suggest a 10 month old, IF allowed on a tour would be bored?
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 05:02 PM

If you've never seen a 10 month old that is bored and whiny or upset because they need a nap - then obviusly you have never spent any time with infants.

And I like children just fine - but I think parents should consider the needs of the child and what is age appropriate - and not just drag them everywhere with them. Sorry - a 10 year old does not belong in a sophisticated, upscale cocktail bar - even if they are allowed in. (And the OP in that case didn't seem to distinguish between a restaurant with a bar - and a bar primarily just for drinks - with perhaps small snack to go along.)
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 06:42 PM

First: I would go to a beach. There are several threads here with lists of great beaches. It really depends where your hotel is, no point in going farther than need be.

Second: When my kids were that age, they were just starting to walk and still enjoyed being in a stroller. A museum can actually be fun. Lots of people to watch and you are moving along seeing new things. Also it tends to be cool inside.

The Getty Museum is the most prestigious. Huntington Museum, Gardens & Library in Pasadena would be a nice option. Also consider Los Angeles County Museum of Art. A great museum and right in Los Angeles on Wilshire. Loved the free concerts in the courtyard.

Typically the admissions staff in art museums strongly prefer that guests only bring a smaller umbrella stroller. Backpacks are almost never allowed.
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help everyone. We will spend a lot of time at the beaches etc and we will really try not to let him get bored
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 08:55 AM

We don't want you to get bored either!

I'd suggest Santa Monica. There's a beach, there's the Promenade, and there's the mall called "Santa Monica Place". All of sufficient interest to keep you and the baby occupied - for at least a day.

Even if you're not into museums, go to the Getty Museum. You don't even have to visit the museum part, just wander around, sit in the gardens, have a light lunch. It's definitely worth a trip - and it's just up the street from Santa Monica (~10 miles).

LACMA (LA County Museums of Art) is a hit-or-miss proposition as far as displays are concerned. However, it does have a fairly nice park and the La Brea Tar Pits are there also -something to interest the adults as well.

A walk along Venice Beach might be good for both adults and baby.

Depending on your hotel budget, if you base yourself in Santa Monica, Culver City, or even LAX area, you'll have short distances to drive.
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

That's great, thank you! We went to our local zoo a few days ago which our baby loved so hopefully the zoo's in USA will keep him entertained too!