Search

Kihei Restaurant Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kihei Restaurant Suggestions

Hello All,
i'm wondering if you can give me a recommendation for a local and inexpensive restaurant in KiHei. We will be going there to get our marriage license at 4:30 on a Saturday, and I would like to eat somewhere near there this has good Hawaiian cuisine. We're staying at the Kea Lani, so a place on the way back would work too.
Thanks in advance!!
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 10:17 AM

The Kea Lani is in area called Wailea, which is technically the same zip code as Kihei, so you are not really that far.

Where are you getting the license and how "local and inexpensive" do you want to get?

Other than Roy's or some plate lunch places, like Da Kitchen and Maui Kitchen, not really much in the way of "Hawaiian" cuisine. Roy's is inexpensive if you compare it to some of the places in Wailea, but still you're looking at $25 entrees. Da Kitchen has excellent local style food, but it is very downscale--you order at the counter.

KKO is one choice that comes to mind. Food is good, service sucks. I can think of Italian, Japanese, Mexican, there is an Outback and Tony Roma's.

Old Jan 10th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

hi Here2!! I was hoping you'd reply. You have been such a great resource, I really appreciate all your advice. I love getting advice from locals.
We are getting our license at:
2561 Omiko Place in Kihei.

I don't like eating at chain restaurants on vacation. I was planning on eating at Da Kitchen on Sunday because I thought it was near the airport and I'll be going there anyway to buy lei for my wedding. Is there more than one location?

I was hoping for a place that is under $10/entree. We're trying to eat light the first couple days before the wedding on that Monday.
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 11:12 AM

Hi there...my son works at a sort of "Southwest" cuisine spot called JAWZ and it is located in the Azeka II shopping center on the main road in Kihei. They serve fresh fish "tacos or burritos" with salsas. Not expensive and good if you want casual.
My son's name is Peter. There is another restaurant in that shopping center...can't remember the name, but offers inexpensive meal choices. Also nearby there is a good Greek restaurant near one of the market areas on the main road.
Happy wedding.
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 11:21 AM

Peggy Sue's, Maui Tacos, Bada Bing. None Hawaiian, but all modestly priced and good to fair fare.
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 02:47 PM

FYI, Roy's is closed.
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 03:00 PM

I'd better tell my husband that Roy's has closed--he's supposed to at work there at 4.
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 08:00 PM

Sorry, bad info on Roy's. It it open and I would recommend it.