Reload this Page >

Keystone Lodge, CO in the summer

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 11:42 AM
lu

Am thinking about staying at the Keystone Lodge in Sept. And I realize that Keystone is not really a town, but wondered if it's nice and quiet and a nice location to spend a night in a great lodge (cheaply) and see the mountains.

Thanks!

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 04:25 PM
Teresa

Lu,
Keystone (and the lodge) is great in the summer! Lots of great hiking plus some shops and restaurants right there. Even better if you have a car--Summit County is filled with fun things to do.

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 08:55 PM
Lexma90

I'm not sure which building is Keystone Lodge, but yes, it will be nice and quiet. I don't know that you'll have mountain views, but you'll be next to the mountain(s). September is my favorite time of year in the Colorado Rockies - less chance of afternoon thunderstorms, the daytime weather is warm, and the evening and nights are pleasantly cool. The Keystone Gondola may be running, depending on which day of the week you're staying there. Have a great time!

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 08:10 PM
lu

Thanks to both of you! Sounds like just what we need. Teresa, is hiking in Keystone easily accessible? Or is there a drive required to get somewhere great? Can you recommend actual names of hiking trails or some way that we can find out specific hikes around Keystone? It would be nice to not have to drive a ways to get to something, but I wouldn't be surprised if we had to. I'm sure the lodge would have suggestions, but I love to get them first-hand from Fodors people like you - thanks for anything more!

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 08:47 PM
Teresa

Lu,
It's been several years since we hiked in Keystone--wish my memory was longer. Keystone Lodge personnel would probably give you more up to date info. than I can. September in the Rockies--lucky you!! Have fun.