Keys/Beach on a budget?? Help!!

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 08:52 AM
Lisa

Keys/Beach on a budget?? Help!!

We are celebrating our 10th anniversary the end of September, thought we'd go to the Keys, (but are open to other suggestions), are flying to Ft. Lauderdale. We would like to stay on the beach and be able to relax, explore and play. We welcome any suggestions for accommodations, etc. We are on a budget!!

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 08:54 AM
Lisa

I forgot to mention we are flying in on a Thursday a.m. and flying out Sunday p.m. Thanks!!

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 10:49 AM
Jill

If you want a nice beach, forget the Keys. The sand is trucked in and the beaches are tiny and are rocky. Ireland's Inn, Fort Lauderdale is a decent reasonalbe beachside place to stay in Fort Lauderdale.

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 12:13 PM
xxx

Moebius Above-You know the rules---no commercial promotion or solicitation. YOU didn't even read Lisa's post thoroughly you idiot! She is flying into Fort Lauderdale. Why on earth would she want to drive over 3 hours to St. Augenstine to stay. SHE specifically asked for Fort Lauderdale and/or Keys info. You need to take a course on reading comprehension! Maybe you can get a deal on Hooked on Phonics....better yet, try soliciting somewhere else...

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 01:13 PM
Jayelle

If you're looking just to spend time on the beach, why not stay in the Ft. Lauderdale area? I just came back from Ft. Lauderdale. Stayed at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort Hotel, and would highly recommend it. The hotel has a private beach, swimming pools, and a new spa. Its a very nice facility.