KEY WEST W/O RESERVATIONS

Old Mar 14th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KEY WEST W/O RESERVATIONS

IN MAY OR JUNE IS IT POSSIBLE TO GO TO KEY WEST W/O RESERVATIONS FOR A B&B? I'VE DONE THIS IN OTHER AREAS DURING LOW SEASON - FIGURE I CAN GET A BETTER FEEL OF EACH PLACE ONCE I'M THERE. BUT IF IT'S IMPOSSIBLE i'LL FORCE MYSELF TO CHOOSE B/W HARBOR INN, MERMAID & ALLIGATOR OR FLUERDEKEY. ANY OPINIONS?
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 05:15 AM

I've never gone without reservations, but at that time of year, I'd be willing to give it a try. There are so many choices that I can't imagine you will have a problem. Just make sure there are no 'special events' going on at that time to fill up the rooms.

Jean
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 05:42 AM

Though summer is low season in Key West it's getting a lot busier than it used to be. If you're not particular about where you stay I'm sure you'll be able to find accommodations, especially if you go in June rather than May.

Of your three preferences I think the Harbor Inn would be a good choice because of its great location by the Historic Seaport. I'm not sure if you're aware that the Fleur de Key is an exclusively gay and lesbian guest house.
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 05:51 AM
cd

I dont think you would have a problem in June either. We were at the Harbor Inn recently and loved the location! Right around the corner from the marina and close to everything. Their breakfasts in their lovely garden are great and their cocktail hour all come with the price of the room. I'd definately check them out when you arrive.
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 05:57 AM

I don't think you'll have any problem finding a place.

Just FYI: Turn right as you come off the bridge onto the island. Directly on your left (be careful of traffic,) is the KW Visitor's Center, and there's also a Conch Train tour stop.

Check in the visitor's center about accommodations. Often, if a motel is underbooked, they'll notify the visitor's center and offer discounts to get the rooms filled.
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 06:22 AM

We too have never gone to the Keys or Key West without a reservation but I would agree with some of the other posters - June might be worth a try. You might end up further away from town than you want and you might end up in one of the chain hotels on the main boulevard as it seems the b&bs down there do fairly well throughout the year. We never risked it because we were particular with where we wanted to stay.
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 06:35 AM

Late May, but before Memorial Day weekend, is even lower season than June, after the kids get out of school. I'd opt for the third week of May for the best time! Slightly less chance of the rainy season having started as well.
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

thanks all - good tips - i think we'll try week b/f memorial day & stp by the visitor center.
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 07:45 AM

try keywestparadise.com for activities...and all other info..