Key West Restaurants

Search

Key West Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 07:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key West Restaurants

We are spending 3 nights in Key West in late December and are looking for restaurant suggestions. Are there any places we shouldn't miss? Thanks!
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 05:16 AM

You might try www.chowhound.com and post your question there, or do a search for past threads. Mary
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 07:52 AM

click on my name above and the search results will have lots of Key West restauarant past threads
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 08:41 AM

We're heading to Key West in two weeks. From past trips, here is a short list of places we will return to:

Seven Fish--very small, a little off the beaten path. We had an excellent meal there last year.

Blue Heaven--open air, sand, roosters and cats. Not for everyone, but we had a ball. We went for lunch, but their breakfasts get great reviews.

We enjoy the area down by the fishing docks. Conch Republic Seafood gets mixed reviews, we like it for the shrimp and french fry baskets that are relatively cheap and good. Also along there is Schooner Wharf Bar, our favorite 'drinking spot', but haven't eaten much there. Also Turtle Kraal's and Half Shell Raw Bar. Haven't eaten at TK's in a few years, food was ok, but not great. The raw bar has decently priced fresh fish and is a fun place.

Also on our must do restaurant list is Alice's at La Te Da. Not sure why we've never eaten there before, partly because one night that we did plan on dining there was 09-11-01, and no one felt like a fine dinner that night...

Almost forgot, for Cuban, try El Sibounay. (sp) Not fancy, but great food and cheap prices.

Hope you have a wonderful time. Jean
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 12:18 PM
mrt

The half shell raw bar is the only notable place. Outdoor dining on picknick tables. Don't miss it.
Old Oct 24th, 2003, 12:57 AM

I second El Siboney. Great Cuban restaurant, inexpensive, with huge portions. You may want to go for lunch for just soup - but for anything else have the mindset that you'll probably want to share.

I had the best scallops/pasta dish that I've ever had at Mangia, Mangia. There's an outside dining area there.

Old Oct 24th, 2003, 07:00 AM

We were in Key West in late August. We loved Blue Heaven for Sunday brunch. Our other favorite was A&B Lobster house. It is upstairs from some other lunch place by the marina. We at outside and watched boats go in and out and had the best meal ever. Quite expensive. It may be A&J Lobster house I can't remember for sure.