Reload this Page >

Key West in March/April?

Search

Key West in March/April?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 06:31 PM
George

Key West in March/April?

My partner and I are thinking about going to Key West in late March or early April. Does Key West draw a lot of the spring breakers, rowdy college kids at that time? If so, then we would pass on it and go another time. Anyone feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 04:20 PM
fred

Key West is covered with young, drunk, puking kids until Easter. Just wait until mid April and you will have a great visit.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 05:35 PM
don

I went to Key West during St. Patrick's Day week last year. We did see some spring breakers, but not near the rowdiness that you see on TV at some of the other Florida locations. I can't say that they had any effect on the enjoyment of our vacation whatsoever.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 05:42 PM
Owen O'Neill

I agree with Don. There may be a few spring breakers in KW but not many. It simply lacks the large number of low priced hotels/motels that are able (or willing) to accomodate them. It also has little in the way of beaches and is a costlier place to reach than Lauderdale, Daytona or Panama City. These factors give it very limited appeal for college students with time and money limitations (not to mention that most of them want to go to the places they see on MTV and KW is not one of them). The few spring breakers in KW will congregate in and around a few bars on one relatively short stretch of Duval Street - for those of us who don't hang out in those places at night it's a non-issue. If March or April is convenient for you I'd go for it.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 06:34 PM
Yes

Well said Owen!