Search

Key West Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key West Hotels

I'm traveling to Key West for 3 nights next week - any suggestions on a nice, clean fairly-priced hotel (around $100)? Also from other reviews I've heard that parking is difficult in downtown Key West - we will be renting a car from Miami & driving down so I really don't want to spend more $$ on the shuttle; is it better to stay near downtown? Thanks!
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 08:25 AM
GoTravel

Stay in Old Town.

Dump your rental off to the rental company when you get to Key West. You don't need it, it will cost you money to park, and Florida doesn't have one way rental surcharges.

Check out El Patio and the Southernmost Hotel for moderate priced accommodations.

What time of year also depends on your hotel rate. Peak times: Thanksgiving, Christmas through April, Easter, President's Week in February, Spring Break, Holiday Weekends, Fantasy Fest, and Mini Lobster Season are a few I can think of.

Old Aug 10th, 2005, 09:25 AM

Several year ago we stayed at the Best Western just 1 street off of Duval. The parking was free. I wouldn't want to give up my car while I was there. We used it to go to a couple of the nearby keys for fishing and renting boats. We paid about $125 - 135 per night.

It's a little bit of a hike to Mallary Square and the sunset celebration. We usually walked there and cabbed back after dinner.

We loved key west.
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 07:15 PM

My girlfriend and I went to Key West two spring breaks ago and stayed at the Speakeasy Inn, a great little place-we paid like 120 or 140 a night but it might be cheaper this time of year (not sure) Its quite nice and is right on the middle of Duval (nearer to the public beach side than Mallory Square but everything is in walking distance) I can't remember the website but it has something to do with a cigar in it (the office is also a cigar shop-the owners have their own label which I tried and it was really nice for the price) but if you search the name of it on google, it will come up.
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your advice!!