Key West Hotel dilema, please help...

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2003, 09:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My boyfriend and I are going to Key West for 3 nights at the end of June and are having trouble choosing a hotel. We are in our early 30's and love to party. At first we wanted a nice resort on the ocean where cocktail waitresses serve you drinks from the bar on the beach or by the pool, but after reading these message boards it seems like you really have to choose between a resort on the ocean out of town or a resort type place in town with no ocean. We like to party and meet other young single people/couples. We definitely need a pool bar and because the beaches are not so great probably near town might be better for us. We are looking for fun. Here are our choices so far... Hyatt, Sheraton Suites, Southermost Hotel or Motel (either), or Double Tree. Actually we heard that Double tree has lots of families and kids so that may be out. Any thought would be great.

Thank You.
Old May 28th, 2003, 02:51 AM

I would stay close to Duval St. I think that is where you will spend a good majority of your time. The beaches in Key West are not the best, and if you are looking to party and have a good time, Duval is the place!
Take a look at some of the guesthouse's. The majority that I know of have a pool.
This site has a lot of good info on hotels, guesthouse's etc.
http://keywest.com/
You might also want to check out the Atlantic Shores Resort. This is a adult's only resort with a very mixed crowd,(straight,gay,bi, you name it) but a fun place! Very popular. It's on the water, has plenty of bars and close to the fun of Duval.
Old May 28th, 2003, 06:55 AM

rcheltrvel, It sounds like you would like the Wyndham Reach Hotel (Used to be Marriott Reach). It is at the southernmost end of Duval street. It is one of the few hotels in Key west that actually have a beach. It has a really nice pool area/pool bar. It is right next door to Atlantic Shores which is very adult-oriented (clothing optional pool deck). It is within easy walking distance to Duval street bars. We really enjoyed our stay here. Enjoy Key West it is one of my favorite places.
Old May 28th, 2003, 08:25 AM

You're right; there's not really a Sandals/Couples/Hedonism type place in Key West.

Sounds like The Southernmost and Atlantic Shores are closer to what you want. When I was there a few weeks ago during Spring Break those places seemed to be pretty cool and happening. (We stayed at a bed and breakfast right nearby and still had a good time.)

The only problem is that these places are on the south end of Duvall away from all of the bars. However there are always tons of taxis in Key West; getting one is never a problem.
Old May 28th, 2003, 08:32 AM

I don't think I would go with either of the Wyndhams. They seem to get more families. I gotta agree with the Atlantic Shores idea. That place is wild. You also might want to look at Southernmost on the Beach. It is owned by the same company that owns The Southernmost Motel-Hotel. BTW they are the same place.
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 06:35 PM

I agree w/ the other comments on the Southernmost properties. The Southernmost Hotel is great if you are more budget-conscious, and there is bar right by the pool. I believe the Southernmost on the Beach is a little more pricy, but the view is wonderful! Have fun!