Key West Honeymoon in November

Old Aug 1st, 1998, 12:20 PM
Mary

Key West Honeymoon in November

My fiance & I are planning our honeymoon 1/1/98-11/10/98. We are thinking of flying into Miami & then driving to the Keys. We would like to spend a couple nights in Islamorada & a couple nights on Marathon, then continue to Key West for five nights or so. I have never been to the Keys. Any ideas on how to keep this reasonably priced, where to stay & eat & drink!!! We are trying to buy our first home so we are trying to keep expense down. Do any hotels have pool bars?

Old Aug 1st, 1998, 05:30 PM
Larry

Mary: My wife and I spent a week of our honeymoon in the keys about 4 yrs ago and we just went back to Islamorada for 3 days this May. You will love the water and scenery. Some things we did and enjoyed near or in Islamorada were: Theater of the Sea; Guided Fishing trips (a must if you two like to fish; Robbies of Islamorada (to feed giant Tarpon at the dock; also the Hungry Tarpon restaurant is a good "local" cheap breakfast; There's a very good restaurant at or near the main hotel at the Holday Isle Marina (near Islamorado; it has good food and a great view of the water and sunset; Definitely have a cocktail and grouper sandwich at the Islamorada Fish Company (you can buy seafood there but they have a bar and tables to eat behind the store and on the water; great place to catch a sunset with a drink); The drive to key west is beautiful going over the 7 mile bridge; check out Sloppy Joes in Key West and rent a moped to tool around; also check out Hemingway House tour and the Light House; Kelly's (Kelly McGillis the actress is part owner)is a very good place to eat and they have their own microbrewery right on the premises. I forgot: we stayed at the Ragged Edge resort in Islamorada in May. Very nice and clean. Recommended by Fodor's. Good Luck.

Old Aug 2nd, 1998, 02:12 AM
JoAnn

Try www.keywestparadise.com There may be more Key West sites available too. Have fun--it's a fun place. Been going there for 21 years to see our daughter.

Old Aug 2nd, 1998, 04:28 AM
john

We are going in Oct. to Miami for 2 nights to check south beach and the Art deco stuff that is there. I heard it's a real party seen.Then we are driving to keywest,staying at the Casa Marina. A great rest. right on the water is Louie's backyard. Jimmy Buffet drinks there...We also found Sherri of Wild about dolphins she will take small groups to interact with wild dolphins for 75.00.....If you are looking for luxury make reservations at Little palm island for lunch, arrange your drive time to get to the boat dock at lunch and they will send a boat for you, can't remeber the mile marker...the Reach and Casa have the best beaches in Keywest. have fun

Old Aug 5th, 1998, 02:07 PM
Melody

Hi! We just got married in Key West this past May. We stayed and had our ceremony at the Curry Mansion Inn. It was beautiful! The rooms are lovely and the breakfast in the morning are to die for!!-Served poolside and included in you price to stay.-Also, each evening there is happy hour with food and entertainment from 5-7PM, poolside again, and inc.in price. You can park your car and walk everywhere. In addition, you have beach & facility rights at both the Pier House and Flagler's Casa Marina! We've been to Key West 4 times and this place was the best. We will stay there from now on!! Feel free to e-mail me if you need more info. The Curry is on the internet so take a look!! Happy Honeymooning!! Melody