Reload this Page >

Key West - early August

Search

Key West - early August

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 1997, 08:24 PM
Chuck Selfridge

Key West - early August

Thinking about going to Key West in early August just to lay around the beach? I have been told this is not a good plan and should head farther north, say Myrtle Beach or Pensecola - thanks in advance for any ideas.

Old Jun 14th, 1997, 06:22 PM
sharon

We live in Florida & go to the keys to kick back & fish. Keys beaches are not what you would expect. Very rocky , if they exist they have been created for the most part as the Florida Straits carry the sand out. In Key West one hotel has a 40 ft. long beach & there is one at the Marriott. Better beaches in fact the best beaches until you get to Hawaii are on the gulf of Mexico...Anywhere along the Gulf from Marco Island to Panama City will get you sugar sand beaches & turquoise water.
Remember hurricane season is from 6/1 ti 11/1 so August is in the middle.

Old Jul 8th, 1997, 02:49 PM
terri

Don't go to Key West for the beaches...there virtually are none!! It's a party town and offers a unique experience if you've never been there. SO MANY BARS...SO LITTLE TIME is pretty much the motto there!

Old May 4th, 2004, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chuck, have you made any decisions yet?
Old May 4th, 2004, 01:33 PM
GoTravel

I would hope so considering this post is almost 7 years old.

Old May 5th, 2004, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK seriously I do have a couple of questions about Key West. I am planning 15 days in Florida this summer, I haven't been to Key West in over 25 years and I want to do a quick 2 to 3 day visit and not for the beaches because I will be all over Fla for that. I want to go fishing one day, can someone tell me where I can hook up with a fishing boat? I also want to go snorkeling one day, can someone tell me how to hook up with a snorkeling tour. And also I may want to rent a small boat for a couple of hours and go out on my own, how would I do that? As far as all the bars are concerned, I would not have any problem finding them.