Reload this Page >

Key West Best Western

Search

Key West Best Western

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 07:31 PM
Jon

Key West Best Western

Can anyone give me a recommendation for the Best Western Hibicus Motel in Key West? Is it close enough to be near the action but not right in the middle of it? Planning on staying a couple of nights in July and can not afford the usual highly recommended places like Heron House, etc. Thanks.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 04:39 AM
susan

Jon - I hope Grglnswsh will respond to this question because I think I remember her saying it was a good choice in a good location for a less expensive property. I also saw your post about the Key Lodge(?)- I can't remember the name - but of these two, I think the Best Western Hibiscus would be a much better choice.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 05:47 AM
garyt

Jon - Since July is off-off-season, you should have no problem finding hundreds of low priced rooms at the Old Town properties...some are more than 50% off the high season rates... call a few places and make an offer close to what you want to pay... or just wait until closer to July when they will be more willing to take your offer... in any case, you should be able to find some pretty fancy digs without digging too deep...

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 06:15 AM
Lorraine

I stayed at this hotel during Spring Break in 1995. Its okay. Centrally located-you can walk to everything. the rooms are okay. Its a typical Best Western-its not the Ritz and you get what you pay for.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 09:21 AM
grglnswsh

Both are not bad choices (Key Lodge and BW) as far as location goes. Key Lodge is maybe a tad bit better because it is more centrally located on Duval and The best Western is further down Duval and one street over. The Key Lodge is something out of the 60's. I have to laugh because I stayed there as a kid and I swear they still have the exact same wallpaper and stuff. The Best Western is nothing fancy but maybe a little nicer compared to Key Lodge and certainly more updated. Either would be a good choice for a budget traveler. I think the pool area at the BW is nicer than then one at the Key Lodge.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 09:06 AM
scubadvr66

Hello! We stayed at this motel last June for two nights (on a Saturday & Sunday) @$89/night. Great place if you don't want to shell out major $$$. (We booked through their webpage.) Friendly staff, complimentary continental breakfast, well maintained, ample parking, decent pool. Enjoy!