Reload this Page >

Expired passports for ID

Search

Expired passports for ID

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 01:11 PM
Connie

Expired passports for ID

We'll be traveling within the USA this summer and wonder if an expired passport along with a photo driver's license would be accepted for ID. I know it won't work internationally, but I was told that even an expired passport is okay within the USA.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 01:31 PM
xxx3

Why would you need more than just the driver's license?

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 11:25 AM
carolyn

I know it is valid up to 6 months after it's expiration date when traveling to Mexico. Not sure if it's the same in the States or not.

I don't think I've ever been asked for more than one photo ID. Usually a driver license and credit card work for ID.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Jess

An expired passport is valid ID(not sure for how long, but at least one year)in the US. I used mine after I had my wallet stolen before I could go home for summer and get a knew driver's license. I use it whenever 2 IDs are called for, as a passport has the valdiity of 2 other forms of government ID.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Faina

Can somebody tell me please where one needs 2 pieces of ID? In hotels? To rent a car? In ATM? To board a plane? I'm lost here...

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 09:48 AM
xxx

To conduct bank or other financial transactions in the U.S. (i.e. withdrawing money from an account), you need two forms of ID.

I've actually used an expired drivers license here in the states to gain entrance to clubs, buy wine at the store, etc., after I misplaced my current one. No one ever questioned it.

From your posting, I couldn't quite make out what you'll be using your ID for. If you're asking whether you can use an expired passport and government issued ID to get into the U.S., you should probably check with the U.S. Consulate website for your country to see if it's possible.