Key West Accomodations

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 05:02 AM
n

Key West Accomodations

Looking for places in Key West to stay that have kitchens or cooking facilities in the room, pools, and some privacy that anyone has had a good experience with.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 05:42 AM
susan

The Galleon is a timeshare that rents to non-owners. It's in a great location and the condos have just been redecorated. They have fully equipped kitchens with washing machines and dryers. We stay there a couple of times a year. I think there are probably lots of other options, too, but I'm not personally familiar with them. There's a long list of accommodations at keywestparadise.com

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Karen

Along with Susan's great idea, I would like to add that sometimes you can get a very nice condo in the Truman Annex for a week for less than the average price of a hotel room for the same amount of time - with all of the amentities that you are looking for. What time of the year are you planning on going?

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 06:04 AM
grglnswsh

In addition to the 2 other ideas also look at the Colony Exclusive Cottages on Olivia. It is a very small compound and the cottages are very nice with nice kitchens.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 06:47 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 09:00 AM
xxxxxxxx

Be careful, a new law passed in Key West limitting the # of establishments that can rent for under a month-If not propely licensed you could have problms

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 09:20 AM
n

Thank you all for your responses. I am going to check out the Truman Annex. Has anyone stayed there? What was your experience? Also, thanks for the tip on the limited number of licenses for weekly rentals. I will be sure to ask if they have such a liscence before putting down a deposit. I am staying for only one week in May.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 10:35 AM
xx

Everything is individually owned in Truman Annex so it could be a gamble getting something you think is nice. They are all individually decorated and maintained.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 10:43 AM
n

What about a small cottage? I found one on the internet called Conch Cottage Grove. Does anyone any any experience with this one? I found another called Southernmost Cottage. What about this one? Thanks.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 10:53 AM
dkj

Never heard of them but I topped some threads that may be of interest to you.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 10:58 AM
n

Okay, please share. What are the threads you are talking about? I want to pay no more than 900 for the week.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 11:00 AM
dkj

Just scroll down a little and you will find posts about Key West. You can also use the Text Search box and do a further search.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 11:07 AM
n

Incredible information. Thanks.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 11:50 AM
x

Also keep in mind when you rent a private home or residence you are on your own. There is usually no maid service, front desk or concierge service. For someone who has traveled to that area before, that might be fine but for a first timer it might not.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Karen

I have stayed in Truman Annex and am even considering property to buy there. I like you will find something for $900 weekly in the one bedroom/one bath models in The Shipyard units. I rented thru At Home In Key West, Inc.. Try their web site www.athomeinkeywest.com for more information.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 01:32 PM
n

Do you know the address or cross streets of Truman Annex so that I can look at the location on map quest. I opened the web site and the exact address is not included. Thanks.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Owen O'Neill

Jasmine House has an upstairs "Treetop Suite" and a downstairs "Honeymoon Suite", both of which have kitchens if I recall correclty. Prices are $120 and $190 per night respectively but one or both of those suites are much cheaper in the off-season. Lots of privacy (the owner only shows up when you need her to and there are only 4 units in total - 2 suites and 2 single rooms). There is no pool but there are pool privileges for the pool across the street and the downstairs suite has an outdoor jacuzzi.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Karen

For the Shipyard units, try Southard street and Thomas Street. That should do it.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 09:13 PM
n

Thanks for the location info, and thanks also for the tip on Jasmine.