Search

Key West

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 1999, 09:09 AM
dkny

Key West

Has anyone ever stayed at the Banana Bay Resort & Marina in Key West?

Old Aug 19th, 1999, 12:55 PM
Hanna

Have you checked the other posts for Key West? I think someone asked this before and they were warned away from the Banana Bay Resort. I believe the main reason was that it was pretty run down.

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 02:19 AM
bob

yes....stayed there many times...even got married there. its a fine hotel by fl. keys standards...although we've always stayed in the rooms facing the marina...can't really comment on the other rooms although i've visited a few and they seemed fine. no balconys though.
MANY/MOST hotels in keys are not brand new and show there age.....be careful. stay away from bucaneer resort (marathon) unless your desperate.

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 02:22 AM
bob

sorry........didn't read the KEY WEST... we stay at the Marathon Banana Bay

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 05:56 AM
susan

I just checked some back posts from the Florida Keys message boards on AOL and most people encouraged finding someplace to stay that's closer to the action in Old Town. The Banana Bay Resort is out in an area of stip malls and not much else. Parking in Old Town simply is unavailable, so unless you want to rent bikes or mopeds you'll be out of luck. There are tons of B & Bs...you should be able to find something closer without much trouble.