Search

Key Largo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Cindy

Key Largo

Does anyone know anything about the Bay Breeze Motel in Key Largo? We are getting married on the beach there on May 11, 2002 and thinking of staying at this motel. It looks very nice with individual tiki porches. Since it will be our wedding night we sure don't want to be disappointed though. Thanks

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 07:17 AM
Bill

Cindy-I have never heard of this hotel and I have been going to the Keys for years. You have to be very careful of hotels down there. Some may be right next to the Overseas Highway and you hear traffic all night, or they may be real "roach motels." They can make a roach trap look pretty nice on the internet. That said, I would suggest the Marriott at Key Largo, Cheeca Lodge or Moorings at Islamaroda.

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 07:31 AM
Cindy

Thanks soooooo much. I will check out these other hotels you suggested. Bay Breeze was charging 159 a night too and says on beach but I can't find any other information except their website.

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 07:42 AM
x

Its a motel. it is safe to say it isn't honeymoon material.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 02:54 AM
Deb

We stayed there last Feb (01) and are headed there again tomorrow for 5 days. It is very laid back, and our room was immaculately clean. Owners and staff were most welcoming and helpful. Just what we needed to unwind. Cindy - I'm not sure what type of wedding experience you are envisioning, but if you are looking for something truly elegant, you may want to consider the Cheeca Lodge. Good Luck!

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 07:49 AM
Cindy

We do not really want anything very elegeant...mostly private...but we just don't want a dump either. We are really looking for something more romantic and private. The room we looked at on the web is the Caribbean Cottage and it looks like it has a very romantic looking canopy bed. Do you know anything about this room? Thanks so much for the reply, Deb, we were really pretty set on this place until we couldn't find anyone who has even heard of it. Plus, at first they said we could get married on their beach, then they said they never said that. This is fine since we have already made other arrangements but just the contradiction kind of scared us. It is just that it is our honeymoon and we don't want to be stuck in a dump. As long as it is private and romantic; we liked the idea of private tiki porches, we would like it. We also like the idea of our own refridgerator and all. Any other help you could offer would be appreciated.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 07:53 AM
George

In addition to Cheeca Lodge, consider Hawk's Cay, a little further down. My wife would probably say that if we had to do it again, that would be the place....

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Debbie

Cindy-I have the AAA book next to me and just saw that the Bay Breeze is a 2 diamond(out of 5) place.It says that it is about 7.5 miles from the center of the town.(Hope that this helps-we are trying to get to Key West this month.)

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 07:32 AM
MJ

Don't know about Bay Breeze, but I will tell you that Checca Lodge is very expensive. I think it's too much for what you get. I been to several "luxury 5 star" places, and although this place is nice, it shouldn't cost as much as it does. My opinion. I wouldn't go back unless they ran a special.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 02:06 PM
x

Regarding Cheeca, May is off-season, so yo may be able to negotiate a decent rate directly with them.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 04:40 AM
Cindy

Thanks for all the help. I would still like to hear more from the person, and/or any people, who has/have stayed at the Bay Breeze.