Reload this Page >

Kenai Fjord Cruise-(Alaska)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:47 AM
Connie

Which Kenai Fjord Cruise company would you suggest? I've read in many posts that this is a must but when I got brochures, there was more than one company.

Thanks

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 09:08 AM
Connie

Trying again.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:11 PM
Connie

Lots of people have done this. Any of you out there?

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:16 PM
Joan

Connie,
When are you going? We are going next week. First time for us,I can let you know how ours goes when we get back if it well help.
We had a hard time making the choice between Kenai Fjords tours and Major Marine tours.They sound about the same.
We are using Major Marine Tours.The hotel we will be staying at recommended them.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:20 PM
Postal

My family took a six hour cruise with Kenai Fjords and it was fantastic. I've never taken Major Marine so I don't know the difference, but I can tell you our cruise was wonderful!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:15 PM
just back

Kenai Fjords Tours. Did the 9.5 hour Northwestern Fjord tour. Excellent. AAA discount. Boat in excellent condition. Not crowded the day I went.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 08:31 PM
kalena

I agree with Tex. The Northwestern Glacier tour with Kenai is one of my all time travel highlights. Can't compare with Major Marine though.

We were lucky to have had perfect weather.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:30 PM
Mike W

We just went last week with Kenai Fjords Tours. They are the largest tour operator there, although I have heard nothing bad about Major Marine. Due to the ever changing weather in Seward, we rescheduled our tour due to 17-20 foot waves and had several options to choose from due to Kenai Fjords Tours number of boats.

We also used the Toursaver (www.toursaver.com) 2-4-1 coupon for the 6 hour cruise, along with the 2-4-1 coupons for the Sealife Center, the glacier dogsledding and the Hotel Edgewater.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Jim

Just did the 6 hour with Kenai Fjords tours. It was Great and a highlight of our trip.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Al

We took the train from Anchorage in the dome car and took the 6 hour cruise on Kenai Fjord Tours. We saw humpback whales, dalls porpoises, bald eagles, sea lions, sea otters, puffins, and more. Captain Chris was great. The halibut lunch was tasty. Bring warm clothing. It's cold near the glaciers.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Connie

Thanks everyone!

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Mel

don't forget your dramamine and wrist bands....the gulf of alaska can get pretty rough.....the rough part is very short, but just long enough to puke your guts out....i went with major marine...it was great and the lunch was awesome...but i puked it all up.....