Kealani Hotel, Romance package?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Helen

Hi fellow travelers:
We will be staying at the Kealani for a few days in July, along with a condo. The Kealani offers a Romance package for an additional 395.00 per couple. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and did they like the package and was it worth it? The package includes: massages for two,Bubbles package, champagne for 2 and glasses, one breakfast buffet, one dinner from Nicks served in a private cabana, from a cabana menu, and a Keepsake album. Please let me know what you think!
Thanks.

Helen

Old May 17th, 2002, 10:27 AM
sherrie

Thanks Helen for posting this. I am staying at Kea Lani with my husband in Sept. I was looking at this package too, and actually called the hotel yesterday to inquire. Was told to make the arrangements before you get there, as it involves getting spa time, dinner arrangements for dinner in cabana (which I was told would be near the pool with an ocean view, but not directly on the ocean). I have to discuss with my other half before commiting to the extra $$. I look forward to hearing from anyone who has actually purchased this package.

Old May 17th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Susan

It does seem pricey. I was thinking of getting this for family members that are spending their honeymoon at the Kea Lani, but balking at the price. I seem to recall that the cabana dinner doesn't include wine or tip, which will add to the bill, possibly another $100. Anyone who has done this, please let us know what you thought!

Old May 17th, 2002, 05:57 PM
May

Almost every time I see a package add-on at a luxury hotel, then try to add up the individual costs in my mind, the package price is MORE than the a la carte price!

Hotels very rarely offer you something for nothing when it comes to these packages.
The only advantage is, if you've paid for it in advance, you don't have to debate about whether it's worth it or not once you arrive. You're locked in so you just go with it and don't fret about it.

Old May 18th, 2002, 02:24 AM
Kevin Reiss

If it's an additional $395 per day then I would advise against it. The dinner at Nick's can cost upwards of $100 for entrees alone. If it's an additional $395 total for the nine days then I would get it. The champagne they give to you is house champagne. Most upscale resorts buy the champagne at wholesale prices for $20-$35 a bottle and charge the guests astronomical prices. I live in Lahaina and I know how the hotels in Hawaii operate. My website address is http://www.mauisps.com

Old May 18th, 2002, 09:04 PM
Susan

Kevin, it's $395 for one day, in addition to your room rate. It includes a couples massage, dinner in a cabana on the beach, a bottle of champagne in the room, the breakfast buffet for the next morning and the keepsake album. If you add it up, I think you are right, May. Especially if you bring a nice bottle of champagne with you or buy one in the market over there. Has anyone done the dinner in a cabana, and what was the cost, including wine? Perhaps that's the way to go as a gift, but I'd love to hear experiences. Thanks.

Old May 18th, 2002, 10:43 PM
someone

Someone needs to tell Kevin that advertising isn't allowed here.

Old May 19th, 2002, 09:22 AM
ana

Also, Kevin's incorrect about Nick's Fishmarket.
You cannot spend $100 on two entrees there.
The $395 is no great deal. It's probably close to what you'd pay if you purchased each item separately.