Search

Four Seasons Meal Plan

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2004, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Four Seasons Meal Plan

Has anyone had any experience with the meal plan at the Four Seasons CR? We're going in June and are trying to decide if it's the best way to go. Thanks!
Old May 31st, 2004, 09:00 PM

Will be going later in the year, but know nothing about the meal plan. Please share what details you know. Thanks.
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 04:17 AM

havent used it there, but did in Nevis, I believe it is a similar price.
After 3 days, the front desk was kind enough to run a comparison for me, and we found that our family of 5 was spending over $100 per day extra to be on the meal plan, above what we were consuming(they actually range each meal up separately for accounting purposes, but then just charged the per day rate.) I my experience, way more cost effective to go a la carte
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:37 PM
Original Poster

The hotel is quoting us $95 per person per day. That is for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It includes everything except alcoholic beverages. Several months ago, someone on this board told me they had also used the meal plan and loved it.

I requested menus from all of the restaurants at the CR FS and tried to gauge which option we should go with--a la carte or meal plan and I am leaning toward the meal plan. You can order anything you want and it also includes room service. If we have breakfast, lunch by the pool, and two or more courses at dinner, the cost adds up pretty quickly. I don't think it will be hard to spend $190 on food per day a la carte between the two of us considering typical prices at the Four Seasons. I'm glad to know that they will reevaluate it for you mid week if you're not using the full amount of the meal plan. Thanks for that tip!

Anyone else have any experience with the meal plan option?
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:29 PM

We will be going in July and when I called the hotel directly they quoted me a rate of $72 for MAP (modified American Plan, or breakfast and dinner). She made no mention of an option that included all three meals. She also said we did not need to have the meal plan for the entire trip but we did need to decide ahead of time (i.e. she would book 2 days of a 4 day trip, but not every other day).