Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Kauai: Tidepools restaurant. Attire, reservations, price range?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have heard alot of good things about Tidepools. Will be leaving for Kauai on October 13th. We are on a budget and are going to splurge 1 night for a nice dinner at Tidepools. What is the approximate price range for dinner? Can we dress casual? How far in advance do I need to make reservations?
Old Sep 12th, 2004, 02:07 PM

We've eaten at Tidepools a few times and we liked it. Request a table by the railing so you have a good view of the pond and fish. I remember entrees running around $25 - $35. People we dressed in "resort casual". We wore nice shorts with aloha collared shirts.
We enjoyed their appetizers as much as the entrees. Before dinner have drinks/pupus on the Seaview Terrace or in Stevenson's Library. After dinner walk through the grounds to the beach and sit and watch the waves. Stevenson's is nice place for a nightcap too. Ahh.....this is bringing back GREAT memeories.
-Bill
Old Sep 12th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

Bill-Thank you for all the info. Will definately walk around the grounds after dinner too. I went to their website, the place looks amazing.
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 05:45 AM

Agree with all Bill said, awesome place for dinner, great martinis at Stevenson's Library.
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 06:39 AM

Based on our vacation there in February, if you make reservations the night before, you should be ok, but I would highly recommend them. I might also plan on a price range of maybe $25-$45.
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 12:41 PM

If you plan on getting there fairly early you should be ok without a reservation but it can't hurt to have one. You can definitely dress casual - I wore jean shorts. DH and I loved Tidepools - we ate there 3 times!
Old Sep 17th, 2004, 02:53 AM

We made reservations well in advance (like a month), but I think that was very much unnecessary. Tidepools was great! We had one drink, appetizers, main course and dessert plus tip for about 120 if I'm remembering correctly. We thought this was awesome, considering the meals we had in Maui that came to 200+.

We too had drinks in the Library before hand.

Have fun!

amelie