Search

Kauai spa??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kauai spa??

My family is going to Kauai and the girls are looking for a nice place to have a spa day. I saw the spa at the Hyatt but a bit pricey. Worth the money?? Anyone know some other places to try? Anyone tried the "Spa by the Sea" in Kapaa???
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 12:29 PM

We visited spa by the Sea and it was incredible. It was the best massage I have had in my entire life. You have got to try the Waves of Relaxation, four hours of heaven. five star experience and very reasonably priced. Enjoy, we certainly did.

ashley
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 02:31 PM

Grand Hyatt Kauai has a wonderful spa!
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 02:54 PM

Yes the Hyatt is a good spa but, when i went there it wasnt as good as Spa by the Sea. What I like about Spa by the Sea is that is private and is right on the beach. Its very relaxing and totally worth the money!I highly reccomend this spa.The people are amazingly friendly there.
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 03:16 PM

I agree, I went to the Hyatt and had a mediocre over-priced hot stone massage. The massage therapist was not very good. I live on island and really like Jackie at Spa by the Sea. She's amazing and was voted Best Massage Therapist on island this year.
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 03:26 PM

Interesting Ashley95 and eakeroppi that both of you this is your FIRST posts and your glowing report is extremely suspicious..

I've been to Golden Door, Canyon Ranch, Rancho La Puerta, La Costa Spa and when I say that the Grand Hyatt Spa is awesome it is and in the same league as the above spas..some of the best in the world!

Spa by the Sea may be nice but don't try and ASTROTURF me!!!
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 04:40 PM

ksucat -

Slight change of subject... Which of those destination spas (or others you didn't mention) is your favorite? Curious because I'm already planning my 4th annual girls' spa trip for 2010. We've been to Mii Amo, Lodge at Woodloch, and Miraval so far. Miraval has been my favorite, but I don't think we're going to repeat any of them yet.

Thanks!
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 05:36 PM

Hi bean!
What time of year and where do you live?
I live in SD and they all are different but fab.
As a girls week, my first thought was Canyon Ranch in Tucson.
we go in the summer because for one its cheaper but we enjoy the dry heat and the wicked electrical storms that come through there and the featured guests that lecture are excellent..food is great too.
Love Rancho la Puerta in Tecate..
Just got a special deal for La Costa and that is a great place in August for the beaches in SD and Horse racing in Del Mar to do other things besides the spa.
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 05:55 PM

I live in Seattle, but my spa buddies live in DC... so we're open to traveling nearly anywhere in continental US (though I'm hoping to add Mexico to the list eventually). Our stays are usually only a quick 3-4 nights. We usually go Sept, Oct, but would definitely be flexible.

Miraval is also in Tucson, so I'll add that to our list for consideration although they might want to go somewhere other than Tucson for 2010.

Will definitely check out La Costa.

Thanks for all the tips. I'm excited to hear that you give such praise to the Hyatt spa in Kauai considering the other trips you've taken. I'll be there for 3 nights in May 2010 and will definitely make sure I get a spa day during my vacation!
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 06:55 PM

Grand Hyatt Kauai was a lovely property..rooms need a little renovation but with the ocean staring at you with the palm trees and plumeria everywhere..who the hell cares..salt water lagoon is a like its own spa.
Another great resort and spa is Enchantment resort in Sedona..stunning..pricey though.
Wynn Las Vegas has an excellent spa and the rooms/food/spa are 5* for under $200 a night..sign up for the e-mail..great deals!
Sedona Rouge and spa on the cheap..
Phoenix we've been to Phoenician, Biltmore, Princess Fairmont, Boulders and we love the Sanctuary..we usually go with expedia if its a hotel deal but always check direct.
La Costa is perfect in Sept/Oct.
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 06:24 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for you input. (Including the extra suggestions outside of Kauai.) If you are looking great spas you should try Nemicolin outside of Pittsburgh, PA. Fantastic!!
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 07:19 PM

I've been to the spa at Grand Hyatt the past 2 years and had an incredible experience both times. In fact, we now make it a tradition to visit that spa on our first day on the island to shake off the jet-lag and get in the right aloha frame of mind.

My mom and I have both done massage and facials, spent time laying by the pool, enjoyed the steam room and dry sauna, and I worked out in their gym. You have full use of all the facilities all day on the day of your appointment. Because of the late check-in time at our condo, and the fact that we are up VERY early because of the time change, it's a perfect way to start our vacation!!

Anyone tried the spa at the newly opened St Regis Princeville?