KAUAI MASSAGES AND/OR SPAS

Old Feb 4th, 2003, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KAUAI MASSAGES AND/OR SPAS

Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to go or who to call in Kauai for a massage? I'd also like to have a spa day. I will be staying in Kauai in Kapaa during Valentine's Day and would like to treat myself and my boyfriend to a relaxing day. Any suggestions are welcome!
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 12:06 PM

Although this is in Poipu, which is a little bit of a drive from Kapaa, the Hyatt Regency has a great spa! It's called Anara Spa and it's wonderful.
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Kal

Alooohaaaa!
I hope this goes through because I've been trying to answer your question since this morning (Yes. The new format is slow-Hope they will eventually work out the bugs) while still trying to catch up on stinkin' work!

I forget the name of the gal who gave me my massage but she is the same lady who sets up her little "kneeling massage table" in the Coconut Marketplace in Kapaa. She does 5-10 min. massages for gratuities which she hopes leads to appointments. I think her name is Allison? I lost her card. Very unique massage style. "Hoots and yips" while massaging to get the knots, spasms and tightness out. Laugh if you want, but she gave me a 10 min. "hoot and yip" shoulder blade massage last year and the everlasting knot has never returned!

There is a new spa in the Coconut Beachboy next to the Islander on the Beach/behind Coconut Marketplace that was getting good reviews when we were over. Prices were nice and all sorts of styles of massages, facials, etc.
If you get a treatment there, try and have dinner at the resturant HukiLau located right there. Good wine bar, too.

There is also a spa near the Marriott, Ala Lani Spa/Tennis Club as well as the more well known ones at the Hyatt in Poipu, Sheraton, Princeville, etc.
If you go to the Marriott, try and go up to the Whaler Brew Co and watch a sunset afterwards. Beer is so-so, service even more so-so but pupus, some dishes and one or two of their beers are pretty good.
Hope it helps. If not, feel free to drop me a line.
Kal
326!
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 04:55 PM

If it is still open try Auntie Angeline's in Anahola. Oh my..this is a small retreat with two huts. Both have steam going all the time. In one you are rubbed down with salt and red dirt while in the other you are massaged in Lomi Lomi style by two people at the same time. YOu can lounge around on their deck and dine on fresh fruit. This was,by far, one of the most sensuous and blissful experiences I have had in my life. Try to book from the mainland if that is where you are before you leave for Kauai. Anahola is right up the road from Kapaa. ALOHA!
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions! I appreciate it. Also, any restaurant tips for us in Kauai? I'd love to know what you all think is the most romantic...
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 02:56 PM

All things considered, Beach House Restaurant in Poipu. But my wife was pretty excited when we were seated in Duke's at a table that she'd read was on whoever's list of top 10 romantic spots (in the bar by the waterfall).
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 05:47 PM

I would definitely go to the Hyatt - they have a GREAT spa - I have an excellent massage there - they have wonderful outdoor lava rock showers - separate men's & woman's steam rm, Saunas, and whirlpools - & co-ed whirlpools and gym. The Hyatt's public spaces are wonderful, grounds and gardens fantastic - and great pools.
One of the best hotels in the WORLD.
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 06:05 PM

The Beach House is good but not as romantic I think as what it sounds like you are looking for. I'd suggest you look at Princeville. Also Casa di Amici
on the North Shore. It's small and intimate without being toooo much.