Reload this Page >

KAUAI............HELP PLEASE !!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 1998, 08:02 PM
Lee

We have some very very close friends that are celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary on Kauai in a couple of weeks. They are staying at the Hyatt Regency in Poipu Beach.

My wife and I haven't been there for years since before the last Hurricaine. Could someone please help with recommendations for great restaurants, hot things to do, unique and great golf courses and other things to do.

Thanks for your help.

Old Jun 11th, 1998, 01:12 AM
Bart

Poipu area is real nice. There are 2 restaurants in the Hyatt- Donnatellis and ? both good. Roy's in teh Poipu area is special and a consistently great restaurant. The Beach House - best sunset. The Pacific Cafe - just north of the airport. TO DO's - Zodiac trip of the Napali Coast - Waimea Canyon lookout. Golf Courses - In Poipu, there are 2 Kiahuna and the Hyatt. In Lihue, there are 2 at the Marriott, and in Princeville, I think there are 3.

Old Jun 11th, 1998, 05:00 AM
Paul Rabe

Hot things to do on Kauai?

Do not, unless you suffer VERY badly from seasickness, fail to go on a Zodiac Tour from Hanalei. The up close views of the Na Pali Coast were nothing short of spectacular!

Note: helicopter tours can NO LONGER land on a beach; thus, you can only get views from the air.

Old Jun 11th, 1998, 07:05 PM
Rick

The Hyatt is wonderful..
If you plan on taking a Heli tour, I would highly
recommend Jack Harters Helicopter..He is not the cheapest but not like others I have taken. Takes his time showing you the sights. Worth every penny!!
Another neat thing to do is rent a boat and go up the Wailua River.. If you time it right, you can go to the fern grotto between the tour boats, We got there and were the ONLY ones there for quite awhile
before they returned with 100 people..Further up the river is a nice area for cliff diving..right out of the movies..

Aloha

Old Jun 11th, 1998, 07:44 PM
Dayle

The last time I was in Poipu Beach (1974), there were NO hotels or condos there! Just a group of laughing young, local children getting a swimming lesson from the YMCA. Beautiful, unspoiled and uncrowded beach -- a nice memory. My how things change!