Reload this Page >

Destin ---Restaurants to frequent---HELP

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 1998, 11:21 AM
Gilly

Can anyone recommend any good restaurants (no surprises) to take two adults and 2 children (3 and 7 yrs.). Trying to stay away from chains. Also, where to go shell collecting on beach, any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Old Jun 2nd, 1998, 06:31 PM
Joyce

We were in Destin this spring and found a wonderful restaurant called Louisiana Lanyapp (not sure I spelled that right!). It's across the street from the beach and sort of hard to find as it is behind a condo complex but well worth the hassle even if you get lost temporarily.

Old Jun 2nd, 1998, 06:32 PM
Joyce

We were in Destin this spring and found a wonderful restaurant called Louisiana Lanyapp (not sure I spelled that right!). It's across the street from the beach and sort of hard to find as it is behind a condo complex but well worth the hassle even if you get lost temporarily.

Old Jun 11th, 1998, 05:27 AM
Dee

Gilly..Destin is wonderful..we've been many times. Good for kids is Cowboys(Steak).They have a huge window where the kids can watch the cooks. Also, west of Destin is a place called Joe's Crab Shack..Lots of stuff on the walls and ceilings, staff attentive to kids, they even jump up on the tables and do the Macarana! There is a playground right outside to pass time if you have to wait for seating. If you go by 5:00-5:30, usually not too bad a crowd. Would not suggest Tib's (I think) for Ribs..very slow service, even though they have a pond outside the back porch for kids to fish in while they wait..Have a great time! I'm jealous!

Old Jun 11th, 1998, 05:29 AM
Dee

I forgot a great breakfast place! Sanddollar Diner..It looks like a silver train dining car..The manager asked my 9 yr old if she would sing for her breakfast, she did, and we all got to eat free! A very relaxed atmosphere!

Old Jun 11th, 1998, 10:06 AM
jim

Just returned from that area and would suggest that you check out the "seaside" area a little east of Destin. There are many shops and restaurants there. WE had to very good experiences at the "cafe 30-A" on hwy 30-a. For a day trip try st. andrews state park Panama City and take the ferry to shell island you will also usually see dolphins swimming along with the boats in that area.

Old Jun 11th, 1998, 09:06 PM
Daryl Knecht

If you're going to Destin, you must eat at Fudpuckers. I think there are two locations, but we've only been to the one on the east end of Destin. You'll love it. Order the Wahoo chargrilled (fish).