Kauai Helicopter tour

Search

Kauai Helicopter tour

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kauai Helicopter tour

Which operator should I use for a Kauai Helicopter tour? I know that Kauai Revealed suggests Air Kauai. What are your thoughts? Also, what is the best way to get the cheapest rates, book in advance on the Internet? Thanks.
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 03:06 PM
iceeu2

Dewman, you are gonna get as many answers as there are tour operators!
We did the InterIsland...no doors, waterfall tour.
I don't know about the least expensive way, but I called the company direct. A lot of people were booking with the concierge.
I did call Air Kauai and spoke at length with a very nice person who gave me lots of tips and ideas.

Old Jan 14th, 2004, 03:12 PM

I just came across a website that offers all excursions (including helicopter flights) at discounts:
www.tombarefoot.com.
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, but after doing a quick check on www.tombarefoot.com, it looks like each operators own website has slightly better deals.
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 04:00 AM

I too would recommend InterIsland .... highlight of my trip last February!
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 01:27 PM

The costs may be higer, but the InterIsland open-door waterfall lunch combo is pretty hard to match. DEFINITELY worth the price, IMO.
Slimm
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 01:43 PM

Interisland has my vote too. My husband is still talking about it.
Old Jan 17th, 2004, 07:34 AM

We used Air Kauai in October and were absolutely thrilled. The helicopter was comfortable and we saw everything we wanted and more. Staff was accomodating and very friendly. Would definately use again.
I don't know much about Interisland, but from the comments, wou may want to check them out. To my knowledge, the Interisland flights are open door where the Air Kauai tours are closed. Depends what you're looking for.
Old Jan 17th, 2004, 10:12 AM
MightyIsis

We used Will Squyres Heli Tours. At the time (May 2000), our hotel concierge said they had a perfect safety record. I admit we took them at their word, and didn't research the safety stuff further, but I am here today to tell you about it. It was an amazing experience.

Old Jan 28th, 2004, 10:09 AM

dewman ... not sure if you found a heli tour yet, but we just booked ours through hawaiiactivityworld.com. Their listed rate for a 45 minute tour is $90pp. Turns out the tour is through Bali Hai and on their website the direct boking rate is $132pp!
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 10:52 AM

We were on Kauai in October and took the tour with InterIsland and would highly recommend them. As previously noted, one major benefit is that the doors are off. This gives you the feeling of really being a part of the incredible environment. Also, this was the only tour company that we found that could guarantee a window seat. The pilot flies with only four passengers, so both people in back have their own window, and the couple in front have both a side and front window. We were in the front and it was the best view imaginable. I'm not sure it would have been as good if you had to end up being one of the two people in the back middle of the larger helicopters.

Have a great time and enjoy amazing Kauai.
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 05:31 AM

InterIsland gets my vote too. We flew them in April 2002. We swam under the waterfall and got some great pictures the pilot took with our camera. It was expensive, but I would definately do it all over again. We're heading back to Kauai next week, but no helicopter trip this time. We're not that rich : )
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 11:06 AM

Does anyone have the web address for Interisland Helicopters as I can't seem to find it?
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 04:50 PM

http://www.interislandhelicopters.com/

I just made a reservation for November - I can't wait!