Reload this Page >

Kauai-Helicopter Information

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 1998, 08:29 AM
Nora

I am trying to get information about helicopter tours in Kauai. I found information (through Snap.com -- in travel...trips & tours) about various companies. One is Hawaii Helicopters, which is offering a 25% discount if booked 60 days in advance. I wondered if anyone has any recommendations about Hawaii Helicopter, or any other suggestions. Thanks.

Old Nov 21st, 1998, 11:39 AM
Bart

Nora, as of a couple of years ago, all the operators flew the same routes. I used Jack Harters just make sure that the trip goes over Waimea Canyon, Napali Coast ant the tall volcano between Waimea and Napali. The helicopter ride on Kauai is the best of all the islands, you'll love it.
Aloha, Bart

Old Nov 22nd, 1998, 08:18 PM
rick

We flew with Jack Harter also, We had flown with other operators on other islands, and found Jacks to be the best.
Dont know if its changed, this was a few years ago, but at that time it was just Jack and one other pilot..and he really wasnt a watch watcher,,took his time to show us the sights..not like others..One highlight was in the waimea
canyon, hovering a few feet from a vertical cliff, next to an ancient burial cave in the side of the cliff, and there on a sandy ledge, human
remains..erie to say the least..

Old Nov 24th, 1998, 05:20 AM
Mel

Nora, I flew with Jack Harter's one year ago. It was excellent! As we were within arm's length of a cliff (slight exaggeration), other helicopters were whizzing by way above us at break-neck speed. I don't think all helicopters have clearance to fly as low or as close as Jack Harter. We were able to open the windows to take pictures, too. Again, not all helicopters can do this. We also had two-way radios to be able to talk to the pilot and ask questions or ask him to hover a little longer in a certain spot. The pilot was VERY attentive. He would notice that I had my camera ready and would turn the helicopter for the perfect angle, all the while continuing with his very informative narration. Jack Harters has an excellent safety record, too. Don't settle for less just because they offer a discount. A helicopter tour is a "must do" on Kauai, so spring for the 90 minute trip. 60 minutes only leaves you wanting more! And if you're not going during the Christmas busy season where everything is twice the price, there is no need to book 60 days in advance! There are always coupons available in those brochures you pick up at the airport or through The Activity Warehouse or something. Jack Harter's web site is at: www.helicopters-kauai.com. Hope you have fun!

Old Nov 26th, 1998, 05:00 AM
Nora

Jack Harter must be the premier! Each of you has flown with them. A friend of mine went with Air Kaua a month or so ago, and loved it. We'll take your advice and wait until we get there to see if there are any coupons in the booklets we get a the airport. The resounding message, though, is NOT TO MISS A HELICOPTER RIDE IN KAUAI. Thanks...and Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Nora

Old Nov 26th, 1998, 05:01 AM
Nora

Jack Harter must be the premier! Each of you has flown with them. A friend of mine went with Air Kaua a month or so ago, and loved it. We'll take your advice and wait until we get there to see if there are any coupons in the booklets we get a the airport. The resounding message, though, is NOT TO MISS A HELICOPTER RIDE IN KAUAI. Thanks...and Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Nora

Old Jan 1st, 1999, 03:20 PM
Bill

Nora,
I flew with Inter-Island out of Hanapepe and enjoyed the experience. The pilots are all military trained and handle the island's airborne rescue work. This outfit flies in four seater (3 front, 2 back) 'copters with the doors off. Unlike some others, they don't charge extra for folks weighing over 250 lbs.

Old Mar 28th, 1999, 05:58 PM
dennis eberly

My wife and I were recently in Kauai and flew with Will Squires Helicopters. Would recommend their service to anyone-pilots very professional, tour very good. Hawaii Helicopters flies out of a heliport on the north side of the island, near the Princeville hotel. They do have shuttle service to most major hotels, but it is a pretty good ride. Most all of the other services fly out of Lihue or Port Allen.

Old Mar 30th, 1999, 12:12 PM
jill

Nora, in Dec. 97 we flew with Air Kauai (pilot was Chuck). It was a priceless experience. The NaPali coast is unbelievable - took us to the wettest place on earth, the Jurassic waterfall, etc. Check into it - it is imperative.