Search

Kauai Dining

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2006, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kauai Dining

My wife and I spent our honeymoon on Kauai, and I am surprising her with a return trip to celebrate our 10th Anniversary in May. She thinks we are attending a work function in Cleveland -- I think she'll like this better (no offense to Cleveland)

I'd like to do a special dinner on our actual anniversary night, and would love to hear suggestions for a very romantic evening. I have heard that a couple of places offer private dinners on the beach, but I wonder whether this may be one of those things that sounds great in theory but is not so great in practice. Anyone tried it?

Also, our favorite restaurant last time was A Pacific Cafe, but I hear it may have closed? Can anyone confirm or deny?

Old Feb 21st, 2006, 12:42 PM
iceeu2

Here's a couple of websites for you to check out:

http://www.heavenlycreations.org/

http://www.princeville.com/weddings/romdin.html

Aren't you just wonderfully romantic? I will search and top it if I can find it, Nancy03 was married on Kauai and had dinner on the beach a couple of years ago and did a wonderful trip report. I also remember some beautiful photos.

Old Feb 21st, 2006, 02:33 PM

I know this doesn't have a thing to do with helping you but...how are you going to get her to pack resort wear to a work function in Cleveland? Are you packing for her? The OCD planning nut in me cringes to think of my DH trying to pull this off! Actually I do have a suggestion, our friends did the Hyatt's dinner on the beach last January and said it was very romantic and special.Good Luck!!!
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 03:19 PM
iceeu2

He's going to Tropical Tantrum and buy her all new duds!!

Walmart will work for some shorts and t-shirts!!

Old Feb 21st, 2006, 04:15 PM

mary--that is sooo funny that u said that about the packing!! i thought the same thing!! i don't know if my DH could pack for me!! i guess us women would think clothing!
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 04:16 PM

i guess i should also add--i ate at the hyatt (Italian REst.)
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 06:09 PM
Original Poster

Re the packing, that is a bit tricky. I have been slowly accumulating some resort-wear type items that I've been packing in a "secret suitcase" in my trunk over the past couple of months (I know, I know, buying clothes for ones wife raises its own set of concerns . . .) I also should be able to sneak out some of her stuff (like hiking boots, etc, relatively unnoticed)

Mostly, I'm kind of relying on (1) being able to buy whatever I have forgotten on the island (at a premium, I'm sure) and (2)her cutting me some slack if I have fallen a bit short on the packing duties. I mean, how upset could she be down there in paradise . . . ?
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 06:57 PM

Oh snowbird...i'm in love with you!!!! What a great post that would be to get fodorite romantics suggestions on what you should pack for her!!!!! I'll be thinking just in case you do...but for now, don't forget the sexy lingerie. (hahaha...or perhaps you should???)You're my new hero!!! Kniners...I wholeheartedly nominate this MAN!!!!
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 07:18 PM

I hope she doesn't find the secret suitcase in the trunk...you could have a lot of explaining to do!!! What a swell guy. I can't wait to read your trip report to see how it all goes. I am sure she won't mind doing a bit of shopping on the trip!
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 03:39 AM

I had a surprise dinner on the beach at the Princeville Dinner on the Beach- at sunset. It was fantastic and very romantic. I would definitely recommend it ( unless you are staying on the other side of the island, and have to drive back-)