Search

Kauai Condo which one?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kauai Condo which one?

Hi All,

I need help desperately. My fiance and I are getting married in Kauai this July. We would like to stay in an ocean/beach front condo. My criteria is ocean/beach front, prefered but I dont mind walking across the street to a beach as long as I can see one from a lani,a pool on premises, a little resorty feel to it.
I would like to get the most for my money. I have researched the web and I am overwhelmed and burnt out of investigating. Our budget is quite tight, so the luxurious places are out.
I have had a few good quotes for Wailua Bayview, Poui Kui Resort, Manualoha, Nihi Kai, and my favorite place was the Embassy at poupui point but we can't afford the rates at the Embassy.
Has anyone stayed at the above places and how do they compare? Where is the best place to stay in the poui puo area, and does anyone know of a good reputable agent/condo mangement.
Thanks in advance for any input at all.
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 12:38 PM

It would be good to know the nightly rate you'd like to pay. To choose between the condos you've listed you can check out their proximaty to the beach at this web site. http://www.wizardpub.com/kauai/kauaerials.html

You can see Wailua Bayview Condos are right on the ocean but also are next to the main road which you can see in the picture. Most condos are far enough from the road so that it doesn't get the noise. They have a great reputation and I was going to stay there but chose a more expensive spot. They are inexpensive in the $100 range. Higher floors are better as are the conds that do not end in 01-03. Not in Poipu though.

Poipu Kai is a huge resort made up of many areas of which Manualoha is one. Poipu Sands is the closest of the six areas to the ocean.

I used Suite Paradise and had a great experience.
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 12:25 PM
Iza

We stayed at Poipu Kai (Sands) and it will probably give you what you need (it is right next door to Embassy Suites and the Hyatt). We were happy with our big 2 bedroom condo rented from the owner (they have a local agent) through www.vrbo.com. We had a nice view of the beach and pool from our lanai and it was a nice walk to Shipwreck beach (non-swimmable). The price was reasonable at $1,200 a week.
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 01:42 PM

We recently stayed at the Wailua Bayview in one of the top floor units farthest from the road for $130/night. The view from the lanai was unbeatable, but the big drawback is the access to the beach. You need to walk down a set of stairs onto a very, very busy main road - briefly walking along the road to the beach access. Also, it depends on your unit, but the sofabed in our unit was completely unacceptable. Our boys ended up with the mattress on the floor and still were bothered by the springs. The mattress looked very old and probably hadn't ever been replaced. Finally, the one comment you made makes me think this might not be what you are looking for as it really has no "resorty" feel to it, simply a basic condo on a beautiful beach but unfortunately with an extremely busy road RIGHT behind it. And yes, there is road noise even in the units farthest from the road. Sorry I'm not more positive.
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 06:42 PM

You could try these websites for accommodations, mainly for condos.

vbro.com ( owner owned condos for rent)
hawaiicondosbyowner.com
poipu-beach.org
suite-paradise.com
grantham-resorts.com
kauairentals.com
hanalei-vacations.com
aakauairentals.com
kauaiproperties.com
poipuconnection.com

There are many nice condos on Kauai. Maybe due to your budget consideration, you can find one that will suit your needs. Good luck.