Kate's Paperie in NYC

Search

Kate's Paperie in NYC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kate's Paperie in NYC

OMG we leave a week from tomorrow for our first trip to NYC!! Beyond excited!!! So much to get done before we leave though...hate that!! Wouldn't it be nice to have lots of time for planning and shopping and packing and just looking forward to the trip and not having tons of "stuff" to do before you go???? ugh....

OK, my question is: I love to scrapbook and was wondering if Kate's Paperie has scrapbooking stuff (scrapbooking papers, emblishements, stickers, etc.)?? Just wondering....

Thanks!
NY is just going to be so much fun!!!
Looks like we'll be getting rained on....bringing a waist length coat with a hood and will dress it up with a scarf....

Shadow
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 12:34 PM

Yes, I believe they do have scrapbooking stuff-it's a big store and one of my faves!
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 12:51 PM

Kates is on the refined side - and tends to specialize in high-quality papers, stationary, invitations, photo books, journals etc.
They do have some very beautiful papers, much of which you can buy by the pound. Or some of the bigger (and more unusual) ones - by the sheet.
I think you will love the papers. However, you may be dissapointed by their "scrapbooking" stuff. They do not have a lot of embellishments, stickers, etc.
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 01:16 PM

as steviegene said, Kate's tends toward more high end products (notebooks, photo albums) as well as single sheets of amazing wrapping paper.
Have you heard about Pearl Paint on Canal Street? It's a gigantic art supply store, which has lots of paper items too, at much better prices that Kate's (they carry a range of stuff from very cheap to high end).It's a no-frills store (4 stories tall, rickety elevator and stairs) but amazing!
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 01:31 PM

Here's a taste of some of the scrapbooking items they have...
http://www.katespaperie.com/store/productView60.php
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks!! Since its not much about scrapbooking I will stop in if we can...or save it for another trip...thanks, now that I know this, I can be freed up for some "must sees" (this time around).....
Shadow