Kansas City Restaurants

Nov 12th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Original Poster

Kansas City Restaurants

Some friends are visiting Kansas City soon and I want to take them to the best restaurants in KC. Any recommendations on Kansas City dining; in particular, new places to eat out?
Nov 13th, 2007, 06:18 AM

That question is a bit broad. What part of town will you be in, and are there any cuisines that you are particularly looking for?

Keith
Nov 13th, 2007, 08:38 AM

There is a very good McCormick and Scmicks there. it is in an ultra nice historic property. It is more upscale than most McCormick and Schmicks. The seafood there is always very creative, fresh, and good.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:59 PM

I live in KC. My favorite restaurant is JJ's, on 48th Street west of the Plaza proper. It's got a great wine list and the best servers in town. It's just a wonderful, wonderful place. New chef, too, so the menu has changed a bit, but only for the better. I've never had a bad meal there.
Feb 5th, 2008, 02:26 PM

A new, but highly praised restaurant has opened in Smithville, just north of downtown (15 minutes). The name is Justus Drugstore, A Restaurant. Google it for reviews.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:24 PM
MAP

If you want a good salad, fabulous filet mignon, crispy hash browns from real potatoes, and great bread, go to the Plaza III on the Plaza. Order bearnaise sauce, a good wine, and key lime pie for dessert. It has a nice ambiance without all the loud music and hustle bustle. For more casual, Jack Stack bbq. on the plaza..baby back ribs, fabulous beans, great slaw. Further afield, the Bristol downtown or at 119th st. is very good...best fried shrimp ever.
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:17 PM

Figlio on the plaza has amazing italian food. Jardinnes (plaza) has good American food and great music. Jack Stack has an upscale atmosphere, but really good bbq (and I like the one in the crossroads as opposed to the plaza). I love Korma Sutra for indian food, and you get a lot for your money there. Waldo pizza has the best pizza in KC imo. Also, I haven't been there in a long time, but I remember absolutely loving the peppercorn duck club. I had fish and duck there and loved them both. Have fun!
Jul 21st, 2008, 09:04 AM

Capital Grille on the Plaza for steak and seafood. If it's too pricey for you for dinner; then go for lunch. The American Restaurant, Bentons and Skies are all located at Crown Center. All are good / but pricey.
Jul 21st, 2008, 09:52 AM

Try any of these LOCAL places--but remember that McC&S is a chain. We also have a wonderful local restaurant called Paulo & Bill, which I highly recommend for Sunday brunch. It is superb! Excellent Italian specialties, traditional breakfast and cooked to order omelets/eggs/waffles, plus carbed beef and ham, wonderful salads and desserts. We cannot say enough about their brunch--it is about $15, which includes fresh juices and coffee. Location is Midland Drive at I-435.
Jul 21st, 2008, 10:59 AM

SamS posted that one question and never posted on Fodor's again.

Keith