Kachina Lodge - Taos? Kids?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are thinking of driving to Taos for a vacation 1st week in August. Looking at Kachina Lodge (Best Western). Have an almost 4 year old and are looking for a vacation that would be interesting to baby-boomer parents, as well as child. Any input on the Taos area, as well as Kachina Lodge would be much appreciated!
Old Jul 9th, 2005, 07:14 AM

My husband and I were just in Taos in early May -- was there once about 10 years ago. Maybe my tastes have changed but the town itself seemed somewhat dingy, creepy and really full of traffic. I'm not sure how a four year old would feel about the place, but I have no desire to go back there. The natural area is beautiful, as is much of the driving around that region; great for outdoor pursuits. To stay overnight, I'd much rather be in Santa Fe where there is a lot more going on.
Old Jul 9th, 2005, 07:47 AM

I agree with outofblue. I was there last fall. So much to do in Santa Fe and a lot is walkable with stroller. Get a motel with a nice outdoor pool. Lots of S.F. posts with suggestions.
Old Jul 9th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

thanks for all your input(s). I was worried about Taos and getting bored. we actually stayed in SF (Eldorado) over Christmas one year and did a day trip to Taos and were NOT impressed at all. I will focus more on SF. Thanks again.
Old Jul 9th, 2005, 09:23 AM

I'd also stay in Santa Fe and do a day trip to Taos. Bandelier National Monument is also nice for a day trip, and Santa Fe has a nice children's museum.

Lee Ann