Ka'anapali Beach Hotel

Search

Ka'anapali Beach Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2000, 05:33 AM
Joan Weimert

Ka'anapali Beach Hotel

Hello Maui Lovers,

Staying at the Ka'anapali Beach Hotel in August. Has anyone stayed there? Can you give me information as to what to expect?
Is it nice? Is the staff friendly? Is the pool area nice? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Old Apr 22nd, 2000, 06:53 PM
JDP

Have you checked there web site
it is full of info.
www.kaanapalibeachhotel.com

JDP

Old Apr 30th, 2000, 12:10 PM
Paula

Hi
We just got back from Maui and stayed at the Sheraton right next to the Ka'anapali beach hotel. We had dinner there one night and it was our favorite meal on Maui. Lots of local ingredient. Also some nice live music and hula dancers. Not as fancy as the other resorts around it, but had a great friendly and low key feel to it. I would consider it for my next visit.

Old May 4th, 2000, 07:57 PM
cj

I was there last week. Avoided breakfast luau pitch. Mixed plate breakfast place just ok. Tiki Terrace nice. Valet parking is $7/day, worth it, or you can self park for $5/day. Rooms are big, average. Grounds are nice. Every night 6:30-7:30 we were right there for the free music/hula show. Little tiki hut has great cheeseburgers and beef or chicken pupus, ask about drink specials at the tiki bar next to it. Folks nice. Have little classes and crafts during week.

Water is still too cold for us. Tried the snorkeling at Sheraton next door but so cold.

Old May 6th, 2000, 05:22 AM
Manuel Lara

Hello

I'm from Portugal and have been to Maui 4 times, you can see the hotels at maui.net or mauisurfandturf.com , or marriott.com sites.

Last year we stayed at the Marriot in Kanapali which was faboulous, actually there are 4 or 5 hotels all next to each other in this area and they all are fantastic, you have breakfast in the tropical gardens with birds flying next to you the the pool area is right there also and the beach not more than 60 yards away.

You must drive around the island and see the seven sacredpools this is on the Hana area undescribable scenery, another day you shold drive up to the Haleakala volcano on the way down see the vilage Makawao and proceed to Paia , to finish of this drive go to Kahului and check the Kahumano Mall, another day go on a boat trip to molokini, of course have a luau sunset party at the Marriott.

I recomment you do not buy the Luau tickets at your hotel as they are extremely expensive, actually the best luau is at the Marriott, instead you go to Lahaina 3 miles from your hotel 1 hour before the Luau is due to start and purchase the tickets at one of the last minute counters for a third of the price!

Concerning prices what we have done is contact beforehand the travel agants Roberts Hawaii right next to Kahului airport and they can get you better hotel and car deals, as an example a 2 night stay in Honululu at the Ala Moana includin air+car cost something like $150 per person.

If you fancy some shopping the only mall is in Kahului.

Old May 6th, 2000, 07:20 AM
Joseph

With all due respect to Manuel (maybe they had a different crew the night we were there), but the Marriott Luau is awful! Go to the Old Lahaina Luau if a luau is on your agenda!

Also, there are several other malls on Maui besides the one at Kahalui -

The Kaanapali Beach is an older, well-lived in hotel, with a lot of aloha spirit. If great luxury is not in your expectations, you should be fine there. Good luck!

Old Jun 1st, 2000, 09:30 PM
Jenny

Hi Joan,

We stayed there for 8 nights and we really enjoyed it. Our favorite part was the Hawaiian arts & craft classes. They were fun and educational.

The atmosphere is very relaxed and slow paced. Staff is very friendly, especially this lady at Guest Service Desk. Her name is Malihini.

The rooms are big and clean and very traditional. The pool itself is small -a shape of whale. No one really swims but relaxes in it. The lawn is clean and pretty.

The beach front of the hotel is wonderful. Water is nice and cool. Good place for bodysurfing, and snorkeling only 50 feet away. Cabanas can be rented: $15 for 2 hrs. or $25 for a day. Or you can just use the beach towels you can check out at no cost.

The Terrace Restaurant at the hotel was very good. There's a music/hula entertainment every night starting at 6pm. The main musician (we call him Uncle Rudy) is very talented and funny.

The overall feeling of this hotel is simply and genuinely Aloha!

We think you'll enjoy this hotel. Please post your response when you get back. Thank you.