Kaanapali Beach Hotel

Search

Kaanapali Beach Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kaanapali Beach Hotel

Hello all! I am a long time lurker and first time poster. Thanks to everyone for their informative and humorous postings.

I was hoping someone could confirm Kaanapali Beach Hotel's reputation as being the "most Hawaiian" hotel.

Has anyone stayed there? Which wing would you suggest? We leave October 23 and I am so excited I just can't stand it.
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 04:37 PM

ttt
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 05:58 PM

Kaanapali Beach Hotel has also been named "one of the best places in the world to stay" which is about as true as the "most Hawaiian" hotel claim. It also claims to be the "#1 hotel value in Hawaii", which while grsooly exagerated, is closer to the truth than the other claims.
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 06:31 PM
KVR

We stayed at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel Feb 2003. We enjoyed the hotel. It is not fancy by far. The room was standard with a nice balcony overlooking the pool area. Their beach is nice, but when we were there the waves were very harsh and the weather was quite cool, so not much swimming. For the price, it was very good. We purchased a package deal. It came with 2 tours. We choose the Maui Ocean Center and the whale watching cruise. 1 comp dinner, 1 $50 off dinner at the Plantation Inn, comp breakfast every morning and a rental car for the week. Closest we could find to all inclusive for the price. The included rental car was worth it.

Evening entertainment included Hawaiian songs outside of the open resturant. Some people danced. Upon leaving they did a Aloha cermony with a Hawaiian song and gave us a nut lei. They had some daily activites which included Hawaiian themes, but we were to busy exploring Maui to participate. Hope you enjoy your trip.

We have pics on our web-site if interested:
http://community.webshots.com/user/kvrlvn
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 07:05 AM

There is an article in the current issue of Hawaii mag. about this hotel with the theme being how the manager promotes a sense of extra care and friendliness to his staff to impart to the guests. I have know 3-4 couples who have stayed there and no complaints though none remarked about anything special. Cheers, Larry