June Lake?

Jul 28th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

June Lake?

I posted a question about cabins at Mammoth Lakes (for next summer), but we have decided to expand our options to include June Lake. Double Eagle Resort looks lovely, but a bit pricy. Fern Lodge and Big Rock Resort might work well. Does anyone have any input on these, or other cabin options we should consider?

Thanks!
Jul 29th, 2007, 08:03 AM

Hey, Enzian, that sounds like an interesting plan. I am topping!
Jul 29th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, cmcfong! I know there is someone who posts here---maybe Suzie?---who stays there. Hoping to hear from her or others who have comments on the area.

My not-so-hidden agenda is to find a nice place where we can take NoraDog too.
Jul 29th, 2007, 09:49 AM
lvk

We ski at June Lake quite frequently, but have never rented a cabin, and we've never been in the summer. We have had some pretty grim hotel rooms, (June Lake Pines) and some halfway decent condos. We have rented condos in Mammoth and driven to June.

We also rented this house once:
www.vrbo.com/45841. It is very nice, but not on the lake, and not exactly a "cabin". It looks like the owners only rent by the month now, but you could try calling to see if they will rent for a shorter time.

The cabins at Reverse Creek look pretty decent, too.

The Double Eagle has a very nice spa and we have also enjoyed their restaurant.

Good Luck! I have always wanted to go there in the summertime, but haven't made it there yet.
Jul 29th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, lvk. Can you describe the location and setting of the Double Eagle? Is it right on the road or more secluded? Pleasant places to sit outside with views? We don't need to be right on the lake, but would like to be a bit back off the main roads.
Jul 29th, 2007, 10:09 AM
lvk

One more thing - we rented the condos through www.rainbowridgerealty.com. They were always very helpful and professional. I believe they may also have some cabins for rent.
Jul 29th, 2007, 10:21 AM
lvk

Oops, posting at the same time.

The cabins are set pretty well back from the road in a very wooded area. Again, we have only been in winter and after dark, so my view has been limited.

That road is not very busy in the winter. They close it just a short way past the DE, so there is no through traffic at all. I'm not sure what it would be like in the summer.