Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

John Jeffries house is full, alternate hotels ?

Aug 17th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Hi,

John Jeffries house doesn't have any openings over Columbus day weekend nor the later half of the following week (Oct 22, 23). Any suggestions for something similar? we're hoping to find something around $200 or less/night. I am worried about using priceline since we will need 2 beds(traveling with 2 young kids) and I've heard it's not as easy to change the # of beds after winning the bid.
Something close to public transportation is good but we will most likely have a car on Oct 22&23 so we'd be OK with something with free or cheap parking but farther away from downtown Boston.

Thanks.
Aug 17th, 2009, 12:11 PM
yk

For stays in Boston during weekends, you can get reasonably-priced garage parking in the Financial District or Boston Common Garage. I think rates are VERY HIGH for those weekends. I saw a couple of deals last week on Travelzoo - have you checked it? Otherwise, you can try Hotwire where you can enter 2 adults & 2 children in the search criteria.
Aug 17th, 2009, 12:14 PM
yk

This Back Bay Hotel deal is still available @ $229/n. I'd jump on it right now if you don't mind paying a bit more: http://hotels.travelzoo.com/lodging-hotels/636081

You can also check quikbook.com and have a sense of what rates are like for those weekends.
Aug 17th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks yk. I just booked our room at the Back Bay Hotel for the first part of our trip. Thanks.
Suggestions for hotels with parking for Oct 22&23? we'd like to visit Plymouth and Old Sturbridge Village with out kids.

Thanks.
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:10 PM
yk

Hi lol2g, if your goal is to do daytrips with your car for the Oct 22/23 weekend (ie, no plans for sightseeing IN Boston), I can recommend the Indigo Hotel in Newton. I've never stayed there myself but I know that area quite well. Parking is free, and it is right off the intersection of Mass Pike & I-95. Location-wise, it is a good compromise for your 2 destinations.
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. yk.
oop...must be a Freudian slip....meant to say "with our kids" not "with out kids."

yes, we are hoping to visit those 2 places instead of being IN Boston.
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:20 PM
yk

P.S. You have many options actually: anywhere around Framingham/Natick (just off Mass Pike); or towns/cities like Needham/Dedham (just off I-95/Rt 128). There are a gazillion hotels along the way of all budget. I'm pretty sure all these hotels in the 'burbs DO NOT charge for parking.