joe's pub, nyc

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 11:39 AM
Nancy

joe's pub, nyc

To all you NYers, quick question please. Do shows at Joe's Pub offer drinks and dinner or just drinks? The website doesn't say and I want to plan my evening ahead of time. Any advice would be so appreciated. Thanks guys!!

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 12:37 PM
Merilee

You can get a pre-theater prix fixe dinner from 6:00PM-7:30PM or you can order from the regular menu until midnight...get there early for the best seats.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Diane

The food menu is nothing special -- pastas, etc -- while there are much better restaurants right in the area. eg, Indochine, right across the street.
It IS a cool place for a show, rather intimate -- Merilee is right, get there early, as the seating is first-come, first-served.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Nancy

I knew I could count on you guys...thanks a whole bunch. MWAH!!!

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 01:42 PM
Ellen

The tix at Joe's Pub are general admission. If you don't have a dinner reservation, and it is a popular show, you will end up standing in back at the bar. I also don't think (not sure) if you can get a table reservation if you are not eating dinner. Not terrible, but if people stand in front of you, it could be a problem. The food is good, but it is a limited menu. It is worth it though, to get a good seat. I believe the doors open at 6:00 pm. I would be there at 6:00 on the nose with a dinner reservation and get a seat up front. The pastas and salads are all very good. Who are you seeing? We just saw Alice Ripley and she was fantastic.