jfk travel between baggage area

Oct 16th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Original Poster

jfk travel between baggage area

I need to get from terminal 5 baggage to terminal 7 baggage to meet my daughter. How do I get there?
Oct 16th, 2019, 04:39 PM
J62

a) walk T5 to T7
b) walk T5 to the AirtTain, take it one stop to T7.

the distance from the T5 to T7 AirTrain stations is all of about 1000'. The distance to get out of T5 to the AirTrain is far longer than that.
Personally, I'd just walk the whole way.
Oct 16th, 2019, 04:42 PM
Original Poster

Is that from the baggage area. I gotta get my bags, then head over to meet her at Alaska (T7). Does the air train service the baggage area. Sorry for the questions. Don't want to get lost!! never had to do this before
Oct 16th, 2019, 04:49 PM
J62

The AirTrain runs between terminals, and there are clear directions to get to it. From T5 baggage claim up several levels and a long walk to get to the AirTrain. There are trains that run in both directions. From T5 to T7 you'll take one of the trains that go off premesis to Jamaica Station or Howard Beach - both of those stop next at T7. You'll then walk back into T7 then down to the lower level/baggage claim. The trains that run in the other direction loop around to all terminals, but you'll essentially do a full circle if you take one of those.

If you are unsure, just ask someone. People will be glad to help.

https://www.jfkairport.com/to-from-airport/air-train
Oct 16th, 2019, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

thank you

thank you. I may pack a bit lighter!! Im guessing that there is elevators to get back up to terminal to catch the air train as I have a crappy knee. Thank you for your help
Oct 16th, 2019, 04:55 PM
J62

Where are you going after JFK, and why not have your daughter (assuming no crappy knee) meet her mom at T7?
Oct 16th, 2019, 06:07 PM
Original Poster

I get in about an hr and a half before her. Our ride will pick us up from Alaska since she comes in after us (hawaiian). Instead of making him pick us up, the waiting for over an hr or so, I thought we would go to Alaska and just meet her in baggage. Does that make sense..lol
Oct 16th, 2019, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by mamaish View Post
I get in about an hr and a half before her. Our ride will pick us up from Alaska since she comes in after us (hawaiian). Instead of making him pick us up, the waiting for over an hr or so, I thought we would go to Alaska and just meet her in baggage. Does that make sense..lol
Yes, that makes sense.

Don't fret, there are escalators and elevators that take you from the terminal level to the AirTrain level - it's all rather easy - just follow the signs. The AirTrain runs every few minutes 24/7 so wait time is minimal - ride between terminal is quick.