Jazz clubs in Napa Valley?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know of any good jazz bars/clubs in Napa Valley? I'll be there the second weekend of September.

Thanks!

Old Aug 27th, 2005, 07:41 PM

Hi JazzyChick, I believe the Napa River Inn now has a jazz club. I don't have their address or phone # but imagine you can find it via Google.
Have fun!
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Original Poster

Hi, LoveItaly --

Thank you for the suggestion! You're right - I just looked it up - something called DG's Jazz Club. We may just give that a try. It seems the Napa River Inn has some other neat things in the immediate area, too. It's been hard locating anything jazz-related in the valley - not sure why. I'd love to get a good list going.
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 08:07 PM

Hi Jazzy, I am on the other side of the mountains,LOL, so don't go to Napa in the evening as it is not safe to drink and drive home. But a friend had mentioned the Napa River Inn just a few weeks ago. Hope it works out for you. Have fun, and give us a report.
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Original Poster

We'll do! Thanks, LoveItaly. Enjoy your night.....
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Original Poster

Alas, we did not make it all the way down to Napa River Inn, LoveItaly. We were staying in Calistoga, which is clear at the top of the Valley; driving that far after a late night listening to jazz and sipping a wine or martini would not have been a good idea! I hope there are more jazz clubs and night spots to open in Napa Valley - it is remarkably void of a nightlife for all the tourists who frequent the area and all the residents who live there. I've read a couple of other travel site reviews that echo the same observation.
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 01:11 PM

Hi JazzyChick, I am sorry that listening to jazz did not work for you (I love Jazz also) but you were smart to not try to go as yes after enjoying some drinks driving back to Calistoga would not have been a good idea. Same problem for me, there is no way I will have drinks in Napa Valley and then drive home.

Maybe, if it appeals to you, stay a night or two in SF next time. BTW, I recently read that Yoshi's in Emeryville is going to be opening up a Yoshi's Jazz Club in SF in the near future. That would be great IMO. Take care.