JAZZ CLUB IN NEW ORLEANS

Search

JAZZ CLUB IN NEW ORLEANS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2003, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAZZ CLUB IN NEW ORLEANS

CAn some give me a name of a good club in the French district jazz or something mellow My husband and I are not big clubers but now can one go to NO and go to a club
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 12:08 PM

For great jazz, go to Preservation Hall. It's strictly a music place...no food; no drinks, but everyone who loves jazz should go for at least one set.
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 12:39 PM

Also, check out Frenchman Street between Royal and Decatur. There are several small clubs and coffee houses over there. We went into one that had some good live jazz, I think it was called Snug Harbor. We had dinner at the Marginy Brassiere on the corner of Frenchman and Royal which was good. Frenchman runs perpendicular to the river and is a couple blocks down river from the FQ.
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 01:50 PM

Snug Harbor..also check out Port o Call..they are "related" Charlene Nevill was at Port O Call when we stopped in for a burger..snug Harbor is across Esplanade and worth checking out as well. BTW-the hamburgers at Port O Call can bring you to your knees!
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 06:56 AM

The Preservation Jazz Hall should be a definite spot, but keep in mind that they let people in at certain times for the show, and essentially everyone (mainly tourists) crowds into a small room to watch the band for the show (an hour or so). It's not really a "club" atmosphere, but still worth doing for part of the evening.

For a good jazz club I would definitely second the above poster's recommendation for Snug Harbor ... probably more in line with what you're looking for.