Jackson Hole

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 1999, 04:13 AM
Jill

Jackson Hole

Any feedback on the Amangani resort?

Old Oct 24th, 1999, 01:56 PM
John

My family lives in Jackson and we have seen the Amangani "grow up". Absolutely beautiful, as are there resorts in Indonesia. But...full of New Yorkers and not really the Jackson experience. If you are also looking at the Rusty Parrot, I would stay there. The Rusty Parrot is in the middle of town and will give you more of a feel for Jackson, etc. The Amangani is more of an isolated resort that you can leave if you really want. Although my friends who have stayed there really loved it.

Old Oct 24th, 1999, 02:26 PM
Jill

John, thankyou for your comments on the Amangani. I was looking for a luxury resort for my parents, but I feel that the Amangani may be a bit too austere. I agree that the true JH experience would be more like the Rusty Parrot...thanks again.

Old Oct 25th, 1999, 04:08 AM
elaine

Jill,

I saw Amangani when we were in Jackson a few months ago. It is very 'austere'. John gave you good advice...we stayed at Wildflower Inn for our 8 night stay. It is located 10 minutes outside downtown Jackson. We looked at other properties for future stays and we would return to Wildflower. The suite is lovely and the Inn is more impressive than the website.
http://www.Jacksonholenet.com/JH/
Lodging/SBB/Wi.htm
Perhaps John knows this property and could comment, as lodging is very subjective.

Old Oct 25th, 1999, 12:00 PM
John

The Wildflower Inn is in a good location if you want to ski or if you want to be a little out of town. I don't know anyboyd who's ever stayed there, but it seems nice when you drive by it. The one thing about the Rusty Parrot is that it is in walking distance of the town square, which is important if you are there during the high season, since driving and parking can sometimes be difficult (and stressful).